S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on the x-treme force truck that was built? Supposed to be a 450hp 4.5.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Xtreme force?

Thats the same list I saw before I think. i cant seem to find it either.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
sicky00 said:
Supposed to be a 450hp 4.5.

whoa... hold the phone.... what is this? anymore info would be muy bueno!:thumbup:

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Re: Re: X-treme force ?

MightyMouseJ5 said:

whoa... hold the phone.... what is this? anymore info would be muy bueno!:thumbup:
it's a prototype that GM made, took a fleetside s-10, grafted stepside skins on the bed, so they could put the really f'n wide tires on, it was the hugger orange, and had the Xtreme gfx (made before the X's were in production) it used ALL GM Performance parts, so everything is availible to anybody. And i don't think you can bolt the parts up to the 4.3, since they bored that 4.3 out to a 4.5. It's a cast ALUMINUM block, not iron. i think it had aluminum heads, blah blah. it was rather interesting, and very pleasing to know that our trucks, all motor, could take some sports cars VERY easily!:D:D:D

·
2,186 Posts
Re: Re: Re: X-treme force ?

y2k xtreme said:
it's a prototype that GM made, took a fleetside s-10, grafted stepside skins on the bed, so they could put the really f'n wide tires on, it was the hugger orange, and had the Xtreme gfx (made before the X's were in production) it used ALL GM Performance parts, so everything is availible to anybody. And i don't think you can bolt the parts up to the 4.3, since they bored that 4.3 out to a 4.5. It's a cast ALUMINUM block, not iron. i think it had aluminum heads, blah blah. it was rather interesting, and very pleasing to know that our trucks, all motor, could take some sports cars VERY easily!:D:D:D
duuuuuuuuude... where is the thread with the part #'s listed? i wanna see what goes into this to make 450 hp.:evilg:

·
Registered
224 Posts
i ACTUALLY GOT TO DRIVE IT!!!!

a few years ago, I was at the St. Ignace show, where GM has a huge display every year. I was there with another company i was working for at the time. Apparantly 1 of the loaders(for the semis) got very sick, and had to be taken to the hospital so one of the other loaders took him. I knew the transport driver and the dispaly manager, and he asked me if I would give him a hand. At the time, I didn't know for what, but I told him sure. We walked over to the display, and he tossed me the keys to that green rear drive Monte Carlo concept car, and said "we've only gotta drive these about a mile and a half, follow us over and pick us up". I was like "holy f-ck!!" inside but kept my kool on the image...haha That damn thing was badder than piss-they definately shouda built them that way!! I follow them over(one guy was in an Impala ss converted into an El Camino proto, the other was in a targa topped s-10 proto). I took them back, and there it was-that Kandy Orange Extreme- They jumped out, and trying to hide my giddiness, I asked if I coud drive the extreme. I got the ok and hopped in. I pumped the gas a bit(you have to) and fired it up. It sounded like nothing I'd ever heard. A lot like a small block, but with the familiar 4.3 cackle. Unfortunately, the only thing I could do was a few low gear wops, just to hear the motor,. Unfortunately I never got to go over 45mph with them either, but the last car to go in the trailer was the monte, and the display manager put it in- he lit it up pretty good!!! I know this has nothing to do with the parts, but it's a story that I don't get to tell very often!!!!

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
once in a life time opportunity......that would be so focking awesome.....i just wish i could get a break like that sometime

·
2,186 Posts
Re: i ACTUALLY GOT TO DRIVE IT!!!!

ARCdidit said:
a few years ago, I was at the St. Ignace show, where GM has a huge display every year. I was there with another company i was working for at the time. Apparantly 1 of the loaders(for the semis) got very sick, and had to be taken to the hospital so one of the other loaders took him. I knew the transport driver and the dispaly manager, and he asked me if I would give him a hand. At the time, I didn't know for what, but I told him sure. We walked over to the display, and he tossed me the keys to that green rear drive Monte Carlo concept car, and said "we've only gotta drive these about a mile and a half, follow us over and pick us up". I was like "holy f-ck!!" inside but kept my kool on the image...haha That damn thing was badder than piss-they definately shouda built them that way!! I follow them over(one guy was in an Impala ss converted into an El Camino proto, the other was in a targa topped s-10 proto). I took them back, and there it was-that Kandy Orange Extreme- They jumped out, and trying to hide my giddiness, I asked if I coud drive the extreme. I got the ok and hopped in. I pumped the gas a bit(you have to) and fired it up. It sounded like nothing I'd ever heard. A lot like a small block, but with the familiar 4.3 cackle. Unfortunately, the only thing I could do was a few low gear wops, just to hear the motor,. Unfortunately I never got to go over 45mph with them either, but the last car to go in the trailer was the monte, and the display manager put it in- he lit it up pretty good!!! I know this has nothing to do with the parts, but it's a story that I don't get to tell very often!!!!
damn it man... now i HAVE to build a motor like it!:thumbup:

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
X-Force

That truck was on the GM truck site last year. Almost all the parts
were hand made:cry: Nothing you can buy over the counter,
so sorry. The intake was a cut apart and rewelded LT-4 it looked
real cool and helped make the power thru a set of aluminum
heads. It was just a LT4 V6. from what the post said. ZZ4.3
was what they called the motor. For show only:cry:

·
Registered
224 Posts
well

I dont have the exact numbers, but I can tell you what I know about it. It had an aluminum Raceshop block, and first time around regular aluminum raceshop heads with 2.02 valves. However second go around, it got a set of Splayed valve heads (like an sb-2 smallblock.) The intake had 2 versions also. One looked like an LT-1 TPI unit(but smaller obviously) and one looked more like an edelbrock pro-flo unit. I know nside it used small block hgh compression pistons, a bowtie steel crank, and a few other goodies. It also had a heavily worked 4l60e with quite a stall in it(I think it was close to 3500). The rear was a 3:73 at one point, and a 3:50 at another. You can buy some of the parts through Chev. Raceshop, but the cost of the motor would be way through the roof-I heard one of he guys say to duplicate the first version would be over 8,000 bucks. A little bit of a shank I'd say. Still kool though!! Just build a badass smallblock!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yep

he's right. a lot of it you couldn't buy, just the hard stuff-block and iternals. The splayed valve version was through the roof pricing-he told me it was probably in the mid 20's-low 30's!!!-if they offered the parts!!! Of course they will never offer anything like it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Text copied off another site:

CHEVROLET TAKES S-10 TO XTREMES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Take one mild mannered S-10 pickup, add a bunch of muscle, Jon Moss and too much caffeine -- shake, and you end up with something XTREME.

As part of Chevrolet's involvement in the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) for 1997, we will sponsor a unique S-10 pickup for a proposed Pro Stock Truck Division.

The XTREME FORCE concept truck demonstrates what can be done with aftermarket parts, elbow grease and a little ingenuity. The result? A vehicle as comfortable on track as off track.

"We created the XTREME FORCE so consumers could better visualize the many options they have in modifying their S-10 pickups," said Ron Stanley, S-10 brand manager. "This concept truck shows the wealth of possibilities available to them." The concept truck was originally a two-wheel drive S-10 Fleetside pickup. Engineers added the aggressive Sportside rear fenders, custom tonneau cover and PPG Orange Glow paint.

Then, they installed a GM Motorsports 4.5-liter V6 engine, which develops 450 hp and 375 lbs.-ft of torque. A GM Hydramatic Motorsports 4L60-E automatic transmission and a Dana 46 4.10:1 rear axle put the power and torque to the pavement. The engine is built to handle the rigors of racing, with an iron block; 18-degree aluminum cylinder heads; forged-steel, common-pin crankshaft; a roller-follower camshaft; tuned-port, sequential fuel injection and tuned tubular stainless steel exhaust manifolds. A ZQ8 suspension system lowers the body two inches for a "hugger" look and feel.

Boyds "Vintage" billet aluminum wheels and BF Goodrich Comp T/A Drag Radial Tires (245/45-17s in front, and 315/35-17s in the rear) complete the package.

While the production S-10 pickup -- with its various models and options -- already offers owners a chance to individualize their vehicles, this concept clearly highlights even more, extreme possibilities. Enthusiasts interested in outfitting their vehicles to look and perform like the XTREME FORCE should contact the parts department at their Chevrolet dealership.

The S-10 line offers consumers regular and extended cabs, available in two-wheel and four-wheel drive with Fleetside and Sportside boxes. S-10 also features a range of suspension choices, from the ZQ8 on the XTREME FORCE to the top-of-the-line ZR2, meant to handle the toughest terrain.

Chevrolet also recently announced they will back programs featuring the S-10 pickup in 12 exhibition runs scheduled by NHRA. The events are designed to help introduce an all-new Pro Stock Truck racing class for 1998.

Here's a picture:

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
actually i've read that the xtreme force has been re-skinned to the newer style body kits. kinda like a promotional for the s10 xtreme. here's a pic:

Attachments

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
joe_villa said:
for those who are curious, here's a pic of the motor:
damn it's hard to type with only one hand

·
Racing Stock
518 Posts
Do you have any links to the specs page?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts