S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to go to lunch a few hours ago and noticed that my truck was not where I parked it. I thought that maybe on of my coworkers had moved it around back into the recieving dock or something. I looked for almost and hour. Then I got really pissed because I realized that someone had stolen my X. Our wonderful security called the police and they came and took a statement and all that bullsh1t. All we have on our video cameras from work is 2 guys, look like beaners, breaking out my window and then a minute or so later leaving with my truck. Our security sucks. I hate rent a cops.

·
NOT AN ADMIN!!
2,230 Posts
ouch, how hard is it to start these cars without keys, its kinda an underground thing stealing cars but im just interested for kicks how they do all that,

anyway im sorry about your loss but im sure you will get it back or find out who stole it good luck to you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, but I had auto start and an aftermarket alarm installed about 5 months ago. So I do not know if that did away with the passlock or not. I know that I had to pay for and interface module to hook everything up. Either way. I am without a ride now, thank god for auto insurance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And yes I have full coverage. Thankfully. Just sucks to be without my truck. I almost had it like I wanted, almost.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
That really sucks bro. Why would someone steal an S10 though, to take the motor and trans? Really people steal civics left and right to sell parts and all that, but stealing a S10 pickup? I guess they had a good reason for doing it. Good thing you got full coverage, most likely you will still get screwed in the end.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah .....WTF happened to Passlock....Even if the install guys used the DEI 555L bypass for remote start it still leaves the passlock fully functional. Your truck shoulda started and ran for like 15 seconds..then it would have died and you would have had enough time to go beat the shit outta those pricks with a hammer or somethin' ! How the hell did they do that????? Hey do you have a receipt for the alarm....will you check to see if they used the 555L in your install? Because if they did, your truck should totally not have been able to drive away!!!! Maybe you could use that to get more money out of this mess. Sorry to hear about that man...people cant have nice things anymore.
Good luck!!!!!

Gabe

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
SS SDIME said:
ouch, how hard is it to start these cars without keys, its kinda an underground thing stealing cars but im just interested for kicks how they do all that,

anyway im sorry about your loss but im sure you will get it back or find out who stole it good luck to you.
not as hard as you would think.....

but really sucks they took your truck.. hope they find it!

·
I'LL CHROME ANYTHING!
4,970 Posts
man what a pain in the ass! I'd be beatin' some ass if someone stole my truck, that's why i always keep it within' seeing distance, and in the car hold at night! i bought a beater to get to and from work, so if they steal that i can laugh at the ****ers! sorry about that man i hope everything works out in your favor

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
DUSlider said:
No passlock?
Sorry to sound stupid but what is passlock? And does my truck have it?

Sorry about your truck man. Wont the insurance company just get you a X that is the same price as your original trucks wholesale value or will they give you enough for the aftermarket stuff.

·
spark it or park it
165 Posts
ass kickin time

Sory to here about your ride. Its a shame that people have to steel to make a living instead of getting off there lazy ass's and get a real job. They just don't understand what it takes to put in all the hard work to make the cash to build a dream. Hopefully everything will turn out and you will get your ride back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
sorry to hear about your truck. Somebody stole some stuff out of mine earlier this year. Hopefully the insurance company will work out to your satisfaction.

On a lighter side, any chance you can get mine stolen? LOL, i have 53,000 miles and the lease isn't up till next year. Sux 2 b me.

Sorry about your truck...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Even if you have passlock good thieves can bypass it in less than 30 seconds. It is just a deterrent to the average joe.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sucks to hear that. I have nightmares of that happening. That's why I cover it every night, put on a club, and have an alarm. It was stolen at least twice before I got it, though that's how I ran into it. I bought it at a salvage auction for a missing back window. Anyway, I'm thinking of scraping up the $300 for this special starter disable that is epoxied to the starter motor. Sounds good to me. See it at http://www.powerlock.com/.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My passlock was still supposed to be intact according to the people that did my all of my car audio/alarm stuff. But the good news is that my insurance is going to pay for everything if it is not found. I had pictures, receipts, and stuff for everything that I had on my truck and had it listed as additional add ons on my vehicle. Made my insurance a bit higher but I am really glad that I did now. Otherwise I would just be getting enough to buy a new x, barely. I am supposed to meet with and insurance adjustor today at 12:00, so wish me luck guys.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts