S-10 Forum banner

WTF motor oil in my intake

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  DropindaS-Mini 
#1 ·
I took off my airbox to try and take my fan off, and noticed a good amount of actual motor oil the airbox, that is directly connected to the throttle body. Is that normal, or what???

#6 ·
No, that small black tube is what feeds air to your valve cover.....Is that where the oil is coming from/is that where you notice it, if so, thats not a good thing......I'm sure this isn't a good thing, unless its a K&N filter and that is K&N oil.....but I don't think thats what it is....

Caleb

#8 ·
the p.c.v stands for positive-crank-ventalation, if you have a 2.2 its on the top of the valve cover, on a 4.3 the pcv is located on the valve cover towards the back of it, its located on the right side of the engine, the front hose is the oil filler tube

#10 ·
Ok i'm tired of reading stuff from people who don't know what they are talking about. So here it is in plain english. There is NO PCV valve on the 2.2 . Just a black hose to create a vacuum in the valve cover which draws more oil to the rocker arms. What you are expericing is a small amount of oil vapor thats drawn into the air box where it accumulates and thats what you found. It's not a big deal really. Just messy . I use a small K&N filter right on the valve cover. You can find these at just about any auto parts store. If you use that filter and keep your stock air box you need to find a way to close the hole for the vacuum hose up. Otherwise your fine, this is normal.

#12 ·
i thought i would also add. lol go to any dealership, or like you said to an auto parts store and ask if the is one, they will look at you like your stuppid., now im not saying that your stuppid but if you really dont know what your talkiing about then dont say it, thats what makes you stuppid when other people do know whats in an engine. so theres a hint for ya k???

#13 ·
Then where the hell is it? I must have some rare pcv-less s-10 then?And whats this next to the throttle body spacer crap? Did i get ripped off with that too cuz i didn't have one last time i checked?.Blow by? Why would oil get sent into the intake if it was blow by? Last time i checked blow by was combustion pressure going past the piston rings into the crank case ?Am i that wrong?. I don't know maybe a 98 is different than my 2001 but I don't belive there is one. The only hard difference between a 2001 and a 98 is the EGR. If you can prove me wrong go ahead and i'll stand corrected otherwise this is my view. Oh yeah how many of you guys have been inside a 2.2 yet? :thumbup:

#15 ·
No it's ok . I just like to think i know SOMETHING about the engine in my truck. I mean i get bored and take it apart just for ***** and giggles. And i'm only tryin to help but people can be misleading when they don't even have a 2.2 (no offence to anyone who wasn't blessed with a slow truck)

#17 ·
RACERX, thats some of the best news ive heard. was afraid id have to take the damn thing to the shop, or that my engine was really f***ed up. Whew!! Preciate man:thumbup: Becuse i was looking everywhere for that pcv valve. Even busted out my shop manual and was looking and looking, and theres nothing about the damn valve in there, atleast not for the 2.2 I hate taking my truck to the shop, especially for stuff i can fix myself. Also, that small filter, for the black hose, are you talking about the breather filters, that are just like 14 bucks, and come in all those ricey colors at pepboys. I was told those werent that great becuse its under pressure (like a sealed vacuum)and those dont give the proper vacuum seal. I wanted to get an aftermarket intake but was afraid after i found that oil that it would get sucked right into the maf, and clog the fujkcinfhs thing up.

#18 ·
It's not really a threat . Just get the aftermarket intake and just take it off from time to time and spray some throttle body cleaner down the throttle body everyonce in a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.