S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
V8 needin' member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k i got a big problem, on x-mas eve, i drove about 1 mile, and my gauges were acting all stupid, like goin back and forth, but it was driving fine, so i got it back home, turned it off, came out like an hour later to go out for the night, and NOTHING, not even a click or anythign, so i got a new battery today, thinkin that was the problem, and yet again, NOTHING----- PLEASE HELP

thanks

russ

·
V8 needin' member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, that is a possiblity, but it was sooo random when it happened, any ideas on what coulda happened? or anythig that would cause that to happen?

·
Aye! Sea Turtles
378 Posts
Check your fuses? That might do something. Otherwise try checking the starter if no clicks when you turn the key. Check wires around the computer, ABS, etc. Make sure everything looks alright.

·
V8 needin' member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k, checked all fuses, theyre good, traced the small wire off the starter solenoid the way back to the fuse block, i have continuity, so theres no break in that wire, the big fat wire goin directy from the battery to the starter is good, checked that, the only wire left to check is the smaller one that is connected to the same post on the starter that the real big one is, i got too frustrated anc cold to do it tonight, so im gonna do it tomorrow, does anyone know what that smaller "hot" wire does or controls?

·
V8 needin' member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok guys, well i got it running, i traced every wire from the starter back, no breaks or anything, replaced the ignition switch under the dash, nothing, well theres that little distribution block behind the passenger side head on the fire wall, that powers the engine compartment light, and apparently that is powered by a small wire that runs off the main hot lead on the starter, this wire got sooo brittle, i guess from bein right beside the header, and burnt it completely off, so all i did was run a new wire and she started up, thanks for all the help, and i hope this helps anyone else who might be having this problem

thanks again for all the help

russ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts