S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the front of each manifold is a port with a tube coming out of it. Goes below the motor from both sides to a 'T' from there to a plastic piece that has a rubber hose coming off it.
Looks like smog pump stuff, but since this motor came from a wrecked truck I sure don't know where it's supposed to connect.
Compared to my buddy's 97 Blazer and he doesn't even have this on his.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Its called Air Injection. It is used for the first few minutes of running to heat up the pre-cat and cat faster to reduce emissions. It does no harm for power tec. and cannot be removed withou throwing codes!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where does it go? As for throwing codes, if the computer I'm using never had this on it, then it should be fine.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
There is a electric air pump just under the radiator that adds air. Both lines that meet at the "T" then go there. If the PCM has no programming for Air Injection, then no codes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, I'll pull it and put a couple blocking plates in it's place. Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
his comp doesnt know that motor has air injection. so no codes

·
Strictly Domestic
2,864 Posts
Well they offer the trucks with or without AIR pumps. SO I would think that the trucks that do have it and get rid of it would have the light.

·
no more S10...
501 Posts
PEKO said:
Well they offer the trucks with or without AIR pumps. SO I would think that the trucks that do have it and get rid of it would have the light.
If you go back and read his post he said the motor came from the junkyard and his truck doesn't have air injection. So therefore he won't get a code.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts