S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can read from my sig. I just bought a new sub, so oviously its killing me having this, and no amp . So if anyone is selling an amp, let me know. I need somewhere around 300rms. Also, any ideas on wires/rca cables would be appreciated too (never installed subs, or amps).

Thank you
-RJ
:thumbup:

·
Resident *******
11,269 Posts
use 4 ga. cable for the amp. this way if you ever want to get a more powerful amp you are already wired for it. RCA's i always use the cheap ones, I haven't heard any difference between different wuality RCA's. and remember to run your power wire on one side of the truck, and the RCA's and remote wire on the other. I always run the power on the passenger side because i run the wire through the grommet where the antenna is and the rcas on the driver side. hope this helps.

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx-
the antenna grommet is great, i'm using it now for a few things, including my HU (alpine 60x4). But why can't i run my RCAs, and my power next to eachother? Anyone know what would be cheaper? walmart (if the have a 4gauge kit), or just buying the wire/RCA's from a stereo shop?
thanx again

·
Resident *******
11,269 Posts
it would be cheaper to get the wal mart kit, that is exactly what I use. You run the power and rca's seperately to eliminate any chance of having noise in your system. you know.... that whining noise when you rev the engine.

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again. So it looks like i'm getting an alpine v12 300watt rms/600max and wal marts wiring kit. I'll talk pics soon. Next is a Cap, and an alarm

·
Registered
208 Posts
If your lights don't dim, and your alternator doesn't give out (I don't think it will with only 300watts) there's no reason for a cap. If for some reason your lights do dim and the drain on the alternator is too much, get your alternator rewound. Sorry if I offend anyone here who has bought a cap, but they are a waste of money, something the stereo shop wants to sell you, and a weak excuse for trying to fix the real problem if there is one, and that is a weak electrical system. Good luck on the install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts