1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,031 Posts
Probably graphite.

·
Hardhead
947 Posts
You can get a delete from a Envoy and have it painted. The only vehicle I'm aware of that had the graphite ashtray delete stock was some Diamond Edition Jimmys. I've got a ashtray delete if you decide you want to paint one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can get a delete from a Envoy and have it painted. The only vehicle I'm aware of that had the graphite ashtray delete stock was some Diamond Edition Jimmys. I've got a ashtray delete if you decide you want to paint one.

Thanks for the info, that would explain the scarcity. And thank you for the offer, but I've never had good luck with painting plastic parts like that. I'm not in a huge hurry and maybe I'll get lucky!

·
Registered
‘95 LS 2.2L Manual RWD
237 Posts
Delete the ashtray? Where would I put my daughter’s stinky air freshener when I have to drive it?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,031 Posts
Out the window...

·
Registered
‘95 LS 2.2L Manual RWD
237 Posts
You obviously don’t have a 17 year old daughter.....;)

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,031 Posts
Nope....22 & 14 year old granddaughters... 🤣 🤣 🤣

Reactions: BigPapa

·
desertpatriot
235 Posts
It might be worth your while to look into dying the plastic ashtray delete graphite gray vs painting.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I picked up a graphite one a few months back and the first guy I talked to bought it from me.

I do have one that was painted dark gray before I ended up with it. Make me an offer if you're interested.

·
Hardhead
947 Posts
Harley, what did the graphite one you had go for? I've never seen one sold is why I'm asking.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
He got a friends & family discount haha I've sold the light gray for $50 on eBay, but that took some patience. And I still have 3 more! I expect I could get $75-100 on eBay for the Charcoal and not have to wait too long.

I bought one NOS years ago and put it in my Isuzu, but that source is out of stock too.

I also have a single outlet ash tray delete in my Blazer, but haven't been able to dig up the part number to check if I can get any more of those.

·
Hardhead
947 Posts
I have one is why I'm curious. I don't intend to sell it, it's in my stash of hard to come by parts. I admit it, I'm a hoarder. Thanks for the info. Have you ever come across them other than the ones in the Diamond Editions?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
From my understanding they are diamond edition only. Diamond and Envoy are the only 2 trims that had that part and the envoy didn't come in charcoal.

·
desertpatriot
235 Posts
From my understanding they are diamond edition only. Diamond and Envoy are the only 2 trims that had that part and the envoy didn't come in charcoal.
Would you know of a specific VIN for the Diamond Edition Jimmys?

·
time to get cereal
4,250 Posts
I have the single outlet Blazer delete, but I cut the power port out intending to smooth it over. Then I cut the lower half of my dash out, so I don't need it anymore. It will still need the hole filled.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts