S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTB clutch pedal assembly

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Steveshow 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 1955 chevy first series pickup on an1985 S10 pickup chassis. I am swapping a sbc and t5 into it. I believe the trans is around the same year. I already bought an adapter to mount it to a “regular” SBC housing. The donor truck orginally had an auto trans. I believe i might be able to just add the clutch pedal to the original assembly. I believe these trucks had a manual clutch. I would also like to find the frame z bar and linkage if possible to keep things simple.

#2 ·
All manual S10s have "manual" clutches. Never heard of a power clutch, lol.

#5 ·
Hydraulic is going to be a lot more versatile, you can make or have a line made that will easily clear any obstacles.

#7 ·
You need to go to an old chevy truck forum or junkyard to find a clutch pedal and related parts. Since 55 Chevy trucks had a V8 available it should work with your engine and chassis. IDK for sure, but suspect one from a 6 cylinder truck would work or be close. Again you need to ask a 55 Chevy pickup guru, not S10 folks. Just trying to be helpful getting you searching in the right direction.
If it turns out a V8 clutch pedal system is the holy grail of early Chevy truck parts you could find that is the reason some folks are going hydraulic.

#8 ·
The 55 truck was swapped onto a 1985 S10 chassis. The 55 originally had a clutch pedal that came up through the floor. It hadall been scrapped. The EZ Chassis seap kit used the original S10 pedal assembly. The donor truck had an automatic. I am going with a T5. For simplicity sake, I am sticking with th S10 pedals. I had someone contact me on a FB forum offering the manual pedals. I did some traearch and was able to “build” a howe hydraulic throut bearing set up with master cylinder and line for less than $250.

#9 ·
Do you have a T5 already? a WC unit out of a V8 Camaro would be your best bet, already hydraulic and the better of the T5's you have to choose from.

#10 ·
I already have a trans. I dont want the oem slabe set up getting in the way of headers. I also already have an old style blow proof bellhousing and adoater to mount the T5. I really just need the s10 clutch pedals, which i have located as mentioned above. Maybe i gave too much info in my wtb post. I appreciate the input from everyone, but this ain’t my first rodeo. I will be 50 im May and have been wrenching in cars for over 35 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.