21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Compliance!
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hit up a junkyard today.

Perfect red hood:

And a good core support :

Probably going to buy a new grille from rock auto and get it painted unless I find a nice red one locally.

Pluuuus insurance is going to come out and cut me a check to take it a place Of my choice *wink wink* so that will help too!

·
Forever breaking this S10
5,489 Posts
Oh f*ck you! I've been searching junkyards for the better part of the last six months for a good condition Victory Red hood and haven't found one. You lucky son of a gun. :rant:

Nice find though. I'm with you on wishing I could take in another parts vehicle but not having space. I've missed many deals simply because I have nowhere to put the stuff.

·
Sold :'(
7,555 Posts
How did I miss this thread?! It just took me through a whirlwind of emotions. First, I haz lots of sads about the damage. Then, I was glad to see the damage was relatively minor. Now I'm stoked that you found a Victory red hood.

About the Blazer for $400, I'd get it, use what you need, part the rest until you're tired of it being there, then scrap it. You should get a solid $250-$300 for the remaining hulk, assuming the bulk of the metal stays, such as the doors, etc. I'm sure you wouldn't mind a cheap rear disc conversion...

·
Compliance!
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
^^ I probably would have gone that route if I wasn't planning on selling the truck very soon

·
2.2 Extremist
4,310 Posts

·
Mr Cheech
2,399 Posts
I would keep insurance out of it.

If your to use it.
Use it for a big claim like Al Bundy and claim both a Mona Lisa and a salami sub!

·
Mr Cheech
2,399 Posts
Nice truck by the way, I hope you get it all back together
Glad your ok.

·
Compliance!
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Lol thanks. I'll be able to get it back to normal pretty quick. Then hopefully sell soon after. You should buy it.

·
Mr Cheech
2,399 Posts
Ah don't sell.
Truck is sharp.

While you pull the front, take advantage of the situation and pull the motor for a Lsx!

·
2.2 Extremist
4,310 Posts

·
Compliance!
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Oh come on. Everyone knows having 2 xtremes is beyond bad ass status. You know you want it

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
that sucks! Glad you are ok!

Option 2. Collect the parts, and then have them painted. You could easily have grill, and hood painted for under 500.

Just make sure when the paint the grill they mask off the black insert. I was rear ended a few years back in my blazer, and it pushed me into the car in front of me and I cracked my grill. When they repainted the new grill, they just blasted over the black insert and it always looked wonky. My billet insert hides it enough tho.

·
Compliance!
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I think it's because I don't celebrate xmas anymore. He's punishing me

·
Compliance!
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Adjustor came out today. Getting a check for 1650 after deductible. Better than nothing. Should be able to get everything repaired with the JY hood and core support and a new grille painted for the 650 and save the rest :)

·
Mr Cheech
2,399 Posts
In Ontario making a claim would set you back for 8 years of high premiums.
You don't claim unless you have to.

Glad things are better and not carupt your way.

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
I missed this too...

Sad day, but good that you found a hood and core support. Amazing you didn't loose the air dam.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Man, that sucks. You probably have the cleanest Xtreme on the forum. Hopefully everything works out for you. The PO of my truck said he hit a deer once. That probably explains why my bumper alignment has never been quite right.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts