S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Boozebag
9,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you don't think these trux are increasing in value...
Read This!

·
Registered
7 Posts
It will be fun to see where that auction ends up.

That is in nice condition. Too bad it wasn't a manual 4x4 I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
2003 S10 4.3 2WD
466 Posts
Does anyone know what new price was on something like this?
Around $12,000 so today that would be $23,000

It is a beautiful truck but I wouldn't pay no more then original MSRP $12,000 if I had that kind of money laying around.

·
Registered
7 Posts
With all the junk they are putting in new trucks these days I'm guessing these simple old trucks are becoming more desirable. That price is like Barrett Jackson pricing.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,010 Posts
With all the junk they are putting in new trucks these days I'm guessing these simple old trucks are becoming more desirable. That price is like Barrett Jackson pricing.
Probably what your Grandpappy used to say...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Everything is going $$$ crazy. They are only worth what someone will pay for it and it appears someone wanted it awful bad. I know I wouldn't have paid 1/2 of that but me. There are still some great deals to be had - I picked this one up a couple of years ago for $2400.00

IMG_5012.JPG
IMG_5014 (1).JPG

·
Registered
173 Posts
Everything is going $$$ crazy. They are only worth what someone will pay for it and it appears someone wanted it awful bad. I know I wouldn't have paid 1/2 of that but me. There are still some great deals to be had - I picked this one up a couple of years ago for $2400.00
You posted info about that purchase in a thread of mine about 1 ½ years ago. That sale is so much of an anomaly in MI info about it is useful for no more than entertainment. I do not mean any offense at all. I am happy for your good fortune. I think I followed the market in MI for ~15 months before purchasing last July; with cash in hand to allow for a purchase 24/7 for ~12 months. I did not find anything even remotely close to that deal in MI, and I was a super attentive, disciplined buyer.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
@hit_4_show

Michigan could be the anomaly too. Get out of the rust belt and there are plenty of decent trucks still.

Or wait for this gem to come up for sale once the current owner abandons the idea of fixing it up.

·
Registered
407 Posts
You posted info about that purchase in a thread of mine about 1 ½ years ago. That sale is so much of an anomaly in MI info about it is useful for no more than entertainment. I do not mean any offense at all. I am happy for your good fortune. I think I followed the market in MI for ~15 months before purchasing last July; with cash in hand to allow for a purchase 24/7 for ~12 months. I did not find anything even remotely close to that deal in MI, and I was a super attentive, disciplined buyer.
Believe it or not I was second in line and the first person didn't take it ??? Right place - right time and cash in hand.

·
Registered
2003 S10 4.3 2WD
466 Posts
@hit_4_show

Michigan could be the anomaly too. Get out of the rust belt and there are plenty of decent trucks still.

Or wait for this gem to come up for sale once the current owner abandons the idea of fixing it up.

View attachment 350491
Wow that is actually a damn shame that could have been prevented to begin with it doesn't matter if you live in the rust belt, rust prevention works such as woolwax.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Checked out the auction. That 1991 S10 is very nice, though I hate the aftermarket window tinting. $18027, though. Holy cow.
Believe it or not I was second in line and the first person didn't take it ??? Right place - right time and cash in hand.
How many miles on it when you purchased it. I purchased a 1996, 70k mile, MI Sonoma for $2600. Not even remotely as nice as your white truck. Body had lots of scratches and dings. Interior was quite gross. Normal mechanical issues: ABS, HVAC, suspension, etc. However, except for the bottom (under side) of the box, the body panels, including the hidden areas, were remarkably rust free. Frame and lines not so much. I removed almost everything from the frame to allow for rust removal and painting. I was so absolutely sick of wire wheeling and grinding rust at the end of that portion of the project. Just finishing up detailing the interior. It is going to be pretty decent, but I removed about everything from the interior but the dash to facilitate cleaning. Yuck.

·
Registered
407 Posts
She had 102,000 on it (2002). Came from Texas never spent a winter in Mi. and it was like working on a new car. Don't know if you have seen the build I did on - still has original paint except for the hood.

·
Registered
407 Posts
She had 102,000 on it (2002). Came from Texas never spent a winter in Mi. and it was like working on a new car. Don't know if you have seen the build I did on - still has original paint except for the hood.

·
Registered
173 Posts

No, I was not aware you had documented it anywhere. I just recall a few photos you posted in my thread. It was so clean and rust-free. I will check out the other forum thread during future meal times. Thank you for the link.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts