S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on my radiatoron my truck with my friend at the cadillac dealership(thats where he works) and when we were done, he says "lets clean it up" so he starts spraying all kinds of different stuff on my motor. All I can say is wow, it looks brand new. He used some sort of aluminum acid cleaner on the engine(made my nose burn to breathe it) and he used something called "blue magic", it smelled like cherries, just like black magic. I guess this is all stuff the dealership uses to detail the cars. I'll take some pics tomorrow to show you how clean my engine bay is...

·
UNBANNED BITCHES!!
2,007 Posts
well just so your aware of this "blue magic" if thats a dressing that is solvant based may catch your engine on fire.... NEVER use a silicone/solvant based dressing on a motor.

and yes cleaning a motor does do wonders.....imagine not washing your ass the same amount of time your motor hasnt been cleaned.....EEWWWW

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, he put the blue magic on the fan shroud, and anything that was black plastic. I hope it doesnt burn...lol. All this stuff is what they normally use, so I'm sure it's chemically ballanced to not interact with other chemicals and not catch on fire with the heat. I clean my engine regulary with bleachy cleaner stuff, it works pretty good. But this stuff made it look new.

·
UNBANNED BITCHES!!
2,007 Posts
jason_r83 said:
I hope it doesnt burn...lol. All this stuff is what they normally use, so I'm sure it's chemically ballanced to not interact with other chemicals and not catch on fire with the heat.
it CAN catch on fire due to the electricity in the motor......

even though they "normally" use it dont matter....98% of all dealers dont give a rats ass on how well the car looks or using the correct car care products....they just want SALES!!!

but like i said just giving you a heads up on what your doing to YOUR truck....it aint mine...

now lets see some pics!!!!!:p

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll post some tomorrow. Keep in mind it's a 95, so it's got some miles on it...

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
well, the only part we didnt do was the air intake because it wasnt attached at the time. So it still looks kinda old...lol, but the rest looks like new(with the exception of a few watermarks and dirt spots from the way home last night) I may be over exaggerating on how good it looks, but the biggest thing is the intake manifold, because it was stained, and that acid cleaner brightened it up

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
tell him to get you a couple containers of thet stuff and give me one,.... if you can get it from free that is,...

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we'll be taking alot of it with us to clean the trucks up before the show. It all depends on how much he can get...lol

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
Get me some if you can. I need it some kind of awful,...

·
better days
711 Posts
GiveMeBreak said:
Looks good man!

I use Orange Blast by Grease Lightning.

I also use Tire Foam...I know ppl say don't use it...but I have been for years with no issues.

Here are some before and afters on my 80k mile truck

holy shit, that looks wayy better than mine clean and you have 50k more miles on it

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
holy clean engine bay batman...you say orange blast..maybe some HD engine cleaner and tire foam or an equivalent. Ill definately try that

·
98' Cowl Induction
503 Posts
ACE2790 said:
holy clean engine bay batman...you say orange blast..maybe some HD engine cleaner and tire foam or an equivalent. Ill definately try that
I would start with the HD cleaner first.. then move on to the orange blast.
and keep using the orange blast for routine cleaning.

this is my wifes 97' villager minivan with 103k on the clock

·
Daily Driver
1,881 Posts
TnHombre said:
even though they "normally" use it dont matter....98% of all dealers dont give a rats ass on how well the car looks or using the correct car care products....they just want SALES!!!

im angry that you say that. my family is a car dealership/repair and detail and not every dealer cares but have a little more respect. i don't think a dealership would use flamible liquids if they new it would start on fire after the customer picked up the vehicle. thats how dealerships get sued is becuase right after the work is done something goes wrong and the vehicle is totalled. just thought i would put in my word for the day.

·
UNBANNED BITCHES!!
2,007 Posts
Stesch_s10 said:
im angry that you say that. my family is a car dealership/repair and detail and not every dealer cares but have a little more respect. i don't think a dealership would use flamible liquids if they new it would start on fire after the customer picked up the vehicle.
o really 18 year old?....go to your nearest new car dealer and ask them how they clean/dress there motor....i bet you that 90% of all the dealers that you go try this test at they tell you they use tire dressing on the motor....
what is in tire dressing ??....SOLVENT!!!! is solvent flammable???? go out side ....better yet go in your bedroom and try to light some tire dressing on fire and see what happens bud.....

its common sense electronics dont go with solvents. :rolleyes:

now what you have to say??

·
Registered
470 Posts
My dad owns a used car sales place here and georgia and he doesn't use anything on the motors but a pressure washer with the engine running

I told him friday to do mine and he goes "hell no its bad for every seal and electrical connection there is" :haha:

OK i guess im not helping

Engine looks good jason and givemebreak yours is shiney looks good too.

·
98' Cowl Induction
503 Posts
ruffriderATL said:
My dad owns a used car sales place here and georgia and he doesn't use anything on the motors but a pressure washer with the engine running

I told him friday to do mine and he goes "hell no its bad for every seal and electrical connection there is" :haha:

OK i guess im not helping

Engine looks good jason and givemebreak yours is shiney looks good too.
I am not disagreeing that it could be bad....but I will say I have never had an issue yet...the 104k miles on our minivan is all our mileage and had not one issue.
All mechanics that have ever looked at it love working on it....lol...they don't need gloves.:haha:

now you say...he just said he never had an issue but has had mech's workin on it. I had an exhaust manifold bolt snap on it....bad trait of these...but outside of that...it doesn't get engine work

1 - 20 of 44 Posts