S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
User that is Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audiobahn AW1051SE

Natural Sound Series 10" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-fky0rMpEPJk/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=67600&id=features_and_specs&i=037AW1051S

2 of these 10 in. subs. - i wouldnt pay that price. ebay would be my way of shopping

Audiobahn A8000T

Mono subwoofer amp
400 watts RMS x 1

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-fky0rMpEPJk/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=130&id=essential_info&i=037A8000T

Of course I would have the box the correct size and built correctly.

I was just looking for some wise judgement so i dont screw myself into a bad deal. Thanks for all replys!

·
SUICIDE: The Only Answer
3,199 Posts
Personally, I would stay away from brands like Audiobahn and JL. You just don't get what you pay for when you compare price and performance. They spend all of their time making chrome baskets with flames on them and not enough time on the actual technology. Then they charge twice as much for it.

·
Mobile Audio Junkie...
434 Posts
That amp would really be the best fit with those subs, it wouldn't be a bad fit, but you could do better. The subs together will give you a 1 or 4 ohm load total. That amp only does 400 watts at 4 ohms, where the subs can handle 600, while it would problably work just fine, I would look for something that does it's power at 1 ohm, or a 2 channel amp that does it at 4 ohms, something closer to 600 watts.

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
keep in mind the audiobahn products are overrated anyways. 2 channel amps are usually a less efficient a/b design and i dont like to use them to power subwoofers. lots of times when people ask me why their lights dim i ask them what kind of amp they have and how many channels. D class amps are more efficient, usually one channel, and your lights will barely dim instead of almost going out.

·
Simple Ton
124 Posts
jm2200 said:
Personally, I would stay away from brands like Audiobahn and JL. You just don't get what you pay for when you compare price and performance. They spend all of their time making chrome baskets with flames on them and not enough time on the actual technology. Then they charge twice as much for it.
Ok, wait a minute. Audiobahn and JL are way different in that respect. JL does a ton of R&D and has been responsible for many new designs. Audiobahn is responsible for figuring out how to cheaply build and chrome someone else's developments. Much of what JL sells they manufacture. They have very good quality control. Without the work of companies like JL, technology stands still.

·
Registered
12,179 Posts
stlSY said:
Ok, wait a minute. Audiobahn and JL are way different in that respect. JL does a ton of R&D and has been responsible for many new designs. Audiobahn is responsible for figuring out how to cheaply build and chrome someone else's developments. Much of what JL sells they manufacture. They have very good quality control. Without the work of companies like JL, technology stands still.
:werd: let's not get confused here. JL is a fantastic company, whether you like the price or not. manville smith and the whole JL audio team do very intense R&D and make some amazing products. audiobahn builds the same style sub they've been building for the last 5 years and doubles the amount of chrome on it and calls it a new sub.

"would this sound good?" no, it will not sound good. can it sound decent? yes. that is one of audiobahn's better sounding lines of woofers, but they are still nothing to write home about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts