S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2.2 Auto FTW
2,957 Posts
so something like this. two pics are of setups i found on the internet and the other pic of the parts is the stuff i have

Attachments

·
2.2 Auto FTW
2,957 Posts
s-dime94-2-98 said:
do you have any pics with the bed on those setups
heres the black one and then i found a pic of nigels_world's old setup with the bed on

Attachments

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Longer bars will equate to less driveshaft plunge through the range of motion, and a better ride as well, and will allow for a larger range of motion.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i would really like to see someone with the actual frame dimensions do this in cad if they could. the top bars of the link would be the sd 3 link without the gusset for the gas tank. bottom bars are basiclly the 5 link lift bars reversed, including the axel/shock bracket reversed also. and the bags mounted to the lower bars and the 'gas tank' crossmember. i would like to run everything in front of the axel if possible. thanks

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
if your uppers adn lowers arnt close to teh same length, you will have radical pinion angle changes. i would run your bars close to around 30".

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
s-dime94-2-98 said:
thats what this bracket is for right?? so the angle doesnt change much???

That looks like a 5 link.. That is so the rear bars can lift without binding..

Cause the rear bars when go up, are making a circle like a clock, going counter clock wise.. And the bars that are facing forward.. Are moving clock wise when going up.. So if you didnt have that bracket there ono the rear bar, it'd move a little bit, but would bind going up & down as the bars tried to pull against each other.

If that makes any sense?

·
Slammedcruiser98
1,269 Posts
yeah the rear bars don't dictate pinion angle at all they just support the axle for lift. the wishbone and lowers create the pinion angle and your last artwork would be a bad design due to the bars being different length. when looking from side they should be right above each other..

·
2.2 Auto FTW
2,957 Posts
down2earths10 said:
if your uppers adn lowers arnt close to teh same length, you will have radical pinion angle changes. i would run your bars close to around 30".
correct. but if you run a forward 4 link with the bags on the bars you cannot keep the tank in the stock location. mine isnt installed yet but i have my wishbone and lowers at 32 inches long and i plan on mounting the bags dead center because that way it will have less stress on the bags and the bars plus having them equal lengths and longer than normal will help a lot with pinion change. im even using parallel mounts on my axle so my bars will stay parallel to eachother at all times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts