S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Truckin' on a budget
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2 rockford fosgate 10' punch xlcs and a truck box that holds both of them and is divided. I also got a rockford punch 55.2 amp. My question is do you think its worth $150, everything is in perfect condition he only used it for a month. I had some spare money to spend and he knew i was into car audio so he asked if i wanted to buy them he came down from 200 so i figured i got a deal what do you think.

·
Truckin' on a budget
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know thats not alot but since its rockford its more true watts also im not using it anyhow im putting my 2 sony xplod comp. 10" in the box so i get more air space and im hooking up the 1000 watt amp to them so i have two extra subs laying around until mine blow

·
Registered
746 Posts
riddic1985 said:
27.5 watts rms
if the birthsheet says only 27.5wrms x 2.....then that's all its putting out......they get the number on teh birthsheet by hooking the amp up and testing its true power output... :)

·
BlackSDime
523 Posts
cool thanks for the help man i still plan on gettin those 2 XXX's and i asked the company what to push them with and they said JbL 1200.1s sound good on their subs and i found them for pretty cheap so i might just do that because the other amps ive found are really expensive. But if you have any other ideas let me know. I plan to just build a huge sealed box for them or do you think i should do a bandpass. thanks ahead of time

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
a 1200.1 is enough for a XXX? isnt the RMS like....over 2000 for one of those beasts?

·
Truckin' on a budget
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey what is a subsonic filter they said if i do a ported system they recommend i get one so what is it and where can i get it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
riddic1985 said:
Is that if you wire it at 1 ohm or something because 2 ohm is 1200 i know that
Does the same power at 1 or 2 ohms. Thats the big benifit of that amp. I've even ran them at .5 ohms (2 12" memphis mojo subs) and the amp is still working great after 5 months.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts