S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems that the tires are worn on the edges alot more than the middle. What would cause this? I assume i need an aligment. Some one said it might be the ball joints. Is this true?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
sounds like an alignment problem....did you lower your truck w/o getting one?

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
bad alighnment usually only wears hard on one side, bad chamber would wear out the inside of the tread, over inflation usually wears out the middle of the tire, is one tire worn more than the other, and does the truck drive straight when you let go of the wheel on the highway, that would be alighnment also. Or maybe Im just making up Bullsh*t

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Car pulls to the right. I have to hold the wheel to keep it straight. Both front tires are worn on the outer edges. I have to get suspension look at. Would a bad ball joint cause this?

G

·
no not really....ball joints you might notice some play in your steering possible and clicking noise when turning the wheel....but...it is probably alignment...sound like...and the alignment guy...(if he is good) will chekc your ball jonts..to see if there are any other problems that need to be addressed...soo..check tire pressure like everybody else said...saggin in the back...coud be due to blown shocks..so check and see if they are wet..or anything
hope this helsp
later
Kenny

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
if its pulling a certain direction when u drive its probably the alignment....not much else it could be....

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
what's a spy hunter mod?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
you guys missed the most obvious problem that will quickly wear down the outside edges of tires!! what about hard conering!! i take all my coners at speed, and i go thru tires every 5 or 6 months hehe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spy Hunter Mod:
Does anyone remeber the Spy Hunter Game?
The smoke screen button!
I have it. Its called WOT and i smoke everyone behind me. I have a little blowby going on hehe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts