S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bag Needin' Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beat a si civic w/ intake and muffler. We hit it about 40 smoked him till i got caught by a car in front of me, then he got behind me and began to draft off me when i hit 90 ( i was in a 55 zone) i let off the gas he passed me then hit his hazzards like he beat me. All i have is a k & n drop in filter.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
just wonderin here............why waste your time racin a honda? race other s-10's, then say if you won or not.

but anyhow.. good to hear you won!.. thats all that matters hehe

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
a family sedan actually, but the si is considered a coupe

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I don't know about this story...A friend of mine has a EX Civic I can barely beat his single overhead cam with intake and exhaust & programmed. and I have a 4.3 w/ 5 speed w/ intake and exhaust...and I know how to drive it. Are you sure you raced a Si or was it a HX? and I run a mid 15 in the 1/4... so whats the scoupe?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
good point xtremer, those civic si's are fast little ***** ass cars stock, let alone when they have another 20 hp added from their exhaust and an intake. Sweet if you did though

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
It was probably some punk that bought a automatic HX and pulled the emblems off and went to the Zone and bought some SI stickers and put it.... but hey...stranger things have happened..I guess you could have beat an SI...but not very likely.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I mean no offense here either, but everybody gets on these forums bragging about what they beat-no offense, but who gives a sh-t? It's not like anyone went out and found something with balls and tore them a new one. I asked a kid who had a 98 SS(stock) why he was bragging about beating a(stock)v-6 mustang. His reply was"because those guys are little sh-ts, and they think they've got something". OK, so now what does that make him-especially when next time out a 93 Mustang GT beats him, and he's bragging to his buddies, and he gives the same resonse?

The car hobby(especially the wannabe go fast crowd) is nothing but a food chain. If you know your place on the food chain, you won't look like a jack-ass, but when you start bragging about what you beat-especially when it's some garbage ride- makes you no better than the ricer you beat. Have you ever heard those guys talk? They brag about all the sh-t they beat. Go out and race all you want, but I wouldn't brag if I beat a heap like that.

Now brag it up if you beat something that actually is ballsy, and not a commuter wagon.

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
The only you beat an SI civic was if it was parked! Period, end of discussion!

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
I don't know about the civic si, but I raced my friend (civiv ex with intake and exhaust) when my truck was stock and he crushed me. I raced him again with the cold air intake exhaust and smaller diameter tires (better off the line) and I had him until I missed third:mad: , but one vehicle that every 2.2l can beat is a 4.0 wrangler. That made my truck feel fast.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Slow, fast....whatever, who gives a sh!t?

Vomit on a riced-out SI.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Well what color was it?

SI's are only blue, black, and red, I believe.

·
The Tool All The Pro's Use!!
303 Posts
Hell this is like my story about beating some guy in a fullsize truck, I knew I couldn't take him off the line, but I can and did out handle him in traffic due to him being lifted. Did I win? In my mind only in an autocross situation, otherwise it's a tie only cause we both have our individual weaknesses in our vehicles. He's got me off the line I've got him weaving in and out of traffic. But I bet you that pissed him off good cause he was flipping me the bird as I blew by him, but I guess that'll teach him to mess w/ the little guy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts