S-10 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
bottom'd out in 561
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, quick question, i figured id post it here cause im not sure where. Anyway, I have my hood off right now and just painted it..... problem is, it wont dry fast enough for me to get it back on by tonight! and i got school tommorow morning!.... yes you can call me a bonehead....:phil:

What I need to know is does any one know if it will be okay to have it off for tonight, and to drive it (on the highway @ 80!, maybe i should keep the speed down:p) tommorow to school w/o a hood. My main concern is water, because it gets pretty damp and dewy at night around here in South Florida. Like I remember one time I washed the engine compartment, and when I went to drive it, the wipers kept fliking on so i had to pull the fuse, but it stopped after it dried out I think. I was thinking i could probly throw a tarp on it to help at night, then pull it off in the morning when I go to drive it, but what about the highway wind speed, as most my trip is on I-95. Someone please Help me with this!

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
It should be fine. And throwing the tarp on is a good idea. Plus think of all the freaking power your gonna get with the hood off. That little 2.2 will be screaming. May have to throw slicks on it just catch traction. :haha:

·
Oh shit....
11 Posts
dustt31 said:
ok guys, quick question, i figured id post it here cause im not sure where. Anyway, I have my hood off right now and just painted it..... problem is, it wont dry fast enough for me to get it back on by tonight! and i got school tommorow morning!.... yes you can call me a bonehead....:phil:

What I need to know is does any one know if it will be okay to have it off for tonight, and to drive it (on the highway @ 80!, maybe i should keep the speed down:p) tommorow to school w/o a hood. My main concern is water, because it gets pretty damp and dewy at night around here in South Florida. Like I remember one time I washed the engine compartment, and when I went to drive it, the wipers kept fliking on so i had to pull the fuse, but it stopped after it dried out I think. I was thinking i could probly throw a tarp on it to help at night, then pull it off in the morning when I go to drive it, but what about the highway wind speed, as most my trip is on I-95. Someone please Help me with this!

ive never seen it done! but i think that it would be HILLARIOUS!:haha: if i was driving it i would be laughing the whole way. no offense at all....im just like that

·
bottom'd out in 561
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i love :bowdown:s10forum:bowdown:!!!! less than 5 minutes and i get an answer!!! :nuts:

damn right, :burnout: all that power!

so, any bodyelses opinion?

·
blahh
1,392 Posts
most cars I see like that are asians with shit rice...lol but yes do it man and take pics lol

·
bottom'd out in 561
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should make the airfilter stick strait up into the wind

Take that ram air!

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
it should be fine I used to have a 78 malibu that during the early tuning stages I drove it around alot with out a hood and the v8 loved it :tup:

·
bottom'd out in 561
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha, took care of "getto ram air", ill take pics when i get my camera back from my dads office tommorow for a laugh... good thing hes out of town, cause he would kick my ass.....

dropped94, thats cool, i got a 79 malibu with a 396, th400, 9-inch, 12.50 mickeys, and all i got left is the interior and body and someother ramdom stuff, hopefully done and in the 11s soon, but it might be one shot cause it aint got a cage and not gonna get one... its a street car ::wink wink::

·
hung low
225 Posts
it is only illegal untell you get cought. so runn it is a safety issue with the hood off
(not like i care just informing you so the man dosent catch you)

·
bottom'd out in 561
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
drove today, got the hood on now. no problems, and no i dont have pics, but i got alot of looks and couldnt stop laughing my ass off. and i think its legal to drive without a hood in florida. but i could be wrong.

·
BUT I WONT PUT IT HERE
8,150 Posts
yeah im pretty sure its illegal here in MO but man glad you didnt get into any truble

·
DRAG IT BITCHES!
108 Posts
dustt31 said:
drove today, got the hood on now. no problems, and no i dont have pics, but i got alot of looks and couldnt stop laughing my ass off. and i think its legal to drive without a hood in florida. but i could be wrong.
not illegal in texas.:D :D

im gonna have to do it to on mine (will be rollin full primer and no hood) cause damn think got broke when it smashed my window.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
Its not illegal, and as long as you arent driving through a rain storm, you'll be jusst fine, at any speed

·
yeah... that's STATIC
1,577 Posts
haha, i drove with no hood for 2.5 hours to go pickup my new hood

i got lots of looks too, and no it didnt hurt anything. just alot of wind noise on the 80mph highway

·
Registered
174 Posts
i drove for a few days last week without my hood. i had the air filter pointed up like a snorkle with a cone filter on the end of it. i drove it to school like that and everyone made fun of me for it. o well

·
Hello there!
5,227 Posts
A little rain and dew wouldn't hurt anything under the hood. I've seen people completely submerge their front ends under water and no harm came to the engine or any of the electrical components under the hood.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts