S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the stock rims and tires rub the fender well? I have the stock 15" rims and tires that came on the 2001 s10. I just wanna go ahead and drop it before I find some rims.

Cory

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
as far as i know, the stock tires and rims will not rub with a 2/3 drop. you should be good.:thumbup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply's.

Can I go with a smaller tire on the rims to help it out any. What I really want to do is get a 3/4 drop but I was going to what to see what rims I decide on first but if I can pull it off then I might as well go with it right.:D

Cory

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
yah if you get some 205/60/15 untill u get some rims it will be fine very little MOST likley none. but mine donest even rub that much with the stock height, i would rather have shorter tires but bigger rims

hope that helped a little
scott

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for the reply. I will probably go with the 3/4 drop even if it rubs a little. Then it will give me a reason to hurry up and pick out the rims I want.

Cory

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bumpstop brackets...

I was going to go ahead and cut them off when I dropped it. Thanks for all the help.

Cory

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
@ 3/4 I drove mine to the tire place on 205/75/15's no rubs but the truck went straight when I turned, lol.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
s10rz350: What do you mean... Did you have probs with those on 3/4??? I want a 3/4 drop, and will be getting new rims at the same time, but I want to be able to put stock rims back on for winter... Also I will probably be getting about the same size rim/tire as the stock, but 18" rims w/ whatever size tire, so my speedo isn't off and so it doesn't look too small. Thanks,

DogP

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
No they were fine.. actually rubbed less than the 235/55/16's I put on after the drop. Going from stock height to a 3" drop really messes up the alignment making the truck push or go straight when you turn the wheels. I had to drive mine about 25-30 miles for the alignment.. Scary:scary:
LOL I have HPP3 and have been too lazy to adj. speedo.. makes me drive slower when indicated speed is 80 and I'm actually only going 70mph :) I suggest that no matter what your speedo says get the right size tires for your application... I am trying to create a sporty truck that I can drive 80mph on the freeway w/o bottoming out for the most part. If I was going for looks I would have dropped it 4/5, but I've already found places I cant drive into at 3/4.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the pic...

so that would be like a 3.5/4.5 drop b/c the ZQ8 suspension is like 1.5 lower already correct? The only think is I have 15 in Rims and tires. Don't those come with bigger tires mounted?

Cory

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
I have the same drop and wheels/tires (Potenzas) but with a 99 ext cab. The rear of mine didnt drop that far after I turned it into a ZQ8 leaf pack. Dunno why...

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Is a 3-5 drop an even drop

I have all Belltech components....2"spindles w/1" coils up front with 3" drop leafs and 2" blocks. Now is this drop suppose to be an even drop? Cuz on my rig it sits lower in the rear. Anyone have any info??

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Typically w/ the S-Series trucks its 2/3, 3/4, 4/5. Mines at 3/4 and is .75" higher at the rear so yes 3/5 would make it .25" lower at the rear than the front, atleast in my case..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts