S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i have a 4.3 in my truck with a turbo350 trans and i know in order for that to work i need to lengthen the drive shaft.Now what i was just thinkin just to get a few opinionswas should i go with finding some to lengthen the shaft OR find an auto trans and run the stock drive shaft? thats where im stuck at right now and do not which would be easier Or less time consuming.To anyone with suggestions or opinions i thank you ahead of time.

·
Works too much!
4,679 Posts
Alright i have a 4.3 in my truck with a turbo350 trans and i know in order for that to work i need to lengthen the drive shaft.Now what i was just thinkin just to get a few opinionswas should i go with finding some to lengthen the shaft OR find an auto trans and run the stock drive shaft? thats where im stuck at right now and do not which would be easier Or less time consuming.To anyone with suggestions or opinions i thank you ahead of time.

i thought a turbo 350 was an auto trans...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it is but in order to actually use it im gunna have to lengthen my drive shaft.So what im sayin is would it just be easier to put it back to stock?

·
"Da Dog"
1,090 Posts
Um, yeah. Why would you want to replace your 4-speed auto with a 3-speed anyway? That makes no sense to me. I don't think that you're putting out enough horsepower to hurt the original tranny, and if so (you didn't tell us much) you could always get the original tranny rebuilt to handle the extra power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i bought it with the swapped out motor i had nothing to do with it im tryin to undo what the other moron did to it.The moron before me put the tranny on that motor for some gay reason and left me with a mess.Thats why i wanted to know WTF i should do? would it be easier to get rid of that 350 trans and replace it with the stock trans that came on the 4.3 OR try and find someone to lengthen my drive shaft? thought it was just a simple question.

·
Works too much!
4,679 Posts
i bought it with the swapped out motor i had nothing to do with it im tryin to undo what the other moron did to it.The moron before me put the tranny on that motor for some gay reason and left me with a mess.Thats why i wanted to know WTF i should do? would it be easier to get rid of that 350 trans and replace it with the stock trans that came on the 4.3 OR try and find someone to lengthen my drive shaft? thought it was just a simple question.

ok now i understand what you are saying. I would get rid of the turbo 350 and get the stock 700r4 or 4l60e back. i dont recall the year of your truck or if it was a vortec. the stock trannies are way better than that 350 trans. if your truck is newer than you probably dont even have a speedo. gas mileage is going to suck also. i would go back to stock.
It would be easier to get the driveshaft lenghtened but you will regret the 350 trans.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thnx alot guys i think thats what the plans will be. And as for the WHICH>WITCH i think it was late when i posted this.I have no idea what the kid was thinking when he did that shit all i know is , that its going back to stock. Now i just need to find the trans. Its a v6 vortec btw.

·
Works too much!
4,679 Posts
Thnx alot guys i think thats what the plans will be. And as for the WHICH>WITCH i think it was late when i posted this.I have no idea what the kid was thinking when he did that shit all i know is , that its going back to stock. Now i just need to find the trans. Its a v6 vortec btw.

you will need the 4l60e. the 700r4 wont work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts