S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
STRONG LIKE BULL
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone re-wired there trucks

i have to do it and was wondering how hard it was. my harness is ****ed up right now.

i was thinking of going with one of the painless wiring systems, has anyone used one?
are they easy to use and worth the money?

·
Turbo 6
30 Posts
fortunately i haven't had to rewire my truck. i have wired race cars before and if painless has a kit for you truck you can be assure its of top quality and install should be fairly strait forward.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
I haven't rewired my truck, but I've got to wire up a 54 chevy truck from the ground up.

From what I've heard, you can't go wrong with Painless Wiring.

·
STRONG LIKE BULL
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess that answers my question then

soon as can afford it im going to do that because its really anoyiong haveing to turn on the lights to listen to radio and then have them turn off when ya hit a bump

·
Registered
12 Posts
I helped my father wire his 51 Ford F1, and we used a kit from another place, can look up the name for you and post it soon.

They were substantially cheaper than painless, and the install was not too bad.

Of course, you face a lot of differences from a 51 ford to a S-series that has a computer. The Ford is of course much easier.

We converted from 6 volt (covered by fabric) to current 12 volt plastic wrapped wire.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
johnwartjr said:

Of course, you face a lot of differences from a 51 ford to a S-series that has a computer. The Ford is of course much easier.

We converted from 6 volt (covered by fabric) to current 12 volt plastic wrapped wire.
John I don't belive it will be that hard he has an '85 and it didn't have an ecm to start with. And a carbed sbc doesnt have that much diffrence either for wireing.

Bet that fabric wire was chewed up quite a bit too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts