S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the correct way to wire up my switches? i got a jasons fromt set up with 3 toggle switches. i have 2 3/8 dumps and 2 1/2 fills. i want to use the three switches for front left, front right, and front. im assuming that i hook up the dump to side of the swtich and the fill to one side and then the 12v to one of them, then how do i hook up the switch where it controls all 4 valves?? do i just hook it to all of them?????/?

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
How many prongs are on each switch? The switch to control each corner should be a 3 prong.... the center prong goes to +12V and the other two go to the valves (one for fill, one for dump).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah they r three prong. but im confused to how i hook up the swtich for the one that controls both sides. do i just splice hook them together and hook it up like the other two

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
take a look at this. It should help. If the black line touched the prong, it supposed to be hooked up to it......

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Most people use like.. 6 prong switches or whatever for that, but it may work if you splice them together.. It may burn up the switch too, never know.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
The three big boxes in the middle are the switches, the two on the ends are 3 prong switches, and the one in the middle is 6 prong switch. The power wire runs through the middle of all the switches. The other black lines are the wires connecting to the switches and valves.

I've posted wiring diagrams on the forum twice now. Try searching the bag forum, and I'm sure you'll find something.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so can i splice them, cus i think i got three of the three prong swtiches....or will it burn up the switch

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
you need (2) 3 prong (single pole) and (1) 6 prong (dual pole). if you were to use 3 single pole switches, it would lift both sides all the time and not have independent control.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not if i just splice the 2 fills from the right and left and run it to one prong, then the 2 dumps from the right and left to one prong, then the 12v..wouldnt that work

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not splice them together but splice into each of them i guess it would be

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Now think about it for a quick second... if it was that easy to use a 3 prong switch, and just splice wires together, WOULDN'T WE HAVE JUST SAID THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!?!

We are tellin ya how it needs to be done in order to work right, and you being the person asking the question... SHOULDN'T YOU TAKE WHAT WE SAY TO HEART AND LISTEN TO US?!?!?!

[/rant] :p

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmmmmm

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
one person said a 5 prong and one person said a 6 prong...hmmmmm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts