S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm cool.
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I sent Doug a pm but no answer yet so I'll throw my question out here. I was told that instead of a stinger 80 amp solenoid I can wire 2 40 amp relays in paralell to make it work the same. But I'm not quite sure I know how to do that. Can you guys help me out?

·
Broken Handed Superman
6,283 Posts
technically, the way that would work is by splitting the current. In parallel, voltages stay the same but current is split. If you have equal load on both ends you would be fine. what are u attempting to do with this 80 amp relay?

·
Broken Handed Superman
6,283 Posts
ok im assuming ur running 4 guage to the bed.. get a 4gauge to 8 gauge fused distro block. put a 40 amp fuse on each terminal, then run the eight guage to the individual relays. wire them up like this

Relay 1:

30 8guage 12v from fuse block
87 8 gauge to az
85 ground
86 pressure switch 12v

relay 2

30 8guage 12v from fuse block
87 8 gauge to az
85 ground
86 pressure switch 12v

then you'll have 40 amps of current max going through each relay to get the 80 total those suckers need

·
Broken Handed Superman
6,283 Posts
nope its for 1. what its doing is splitting the current between the relays. ur taking the leads off of 87 and combining the two of them and hooking them up to ur az. kirchoffs junction rule.. the current entering the junction must be the same as leaving...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts