S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hate to make another thread about this but my day is ticking away reading through diagrams and other posts with no answers.

im trying to find the fuel pump relay wire in my 2000 4.3 auto xtreme. in hopes i can hook my 2000 silverado 5.3 fuel pump relay wire to it. this is a modified stock 5.3 harness btw.
assuming it will work this way? i cant find where this wire would be. ive checked c2 pinout diagrams, apperently its not there, unless my truck were a 2.2.

also would i be able to tap into my check engine light wire, park reverse neutral, brake switch, speedo and tach wires if i can figure out where they are and hook them to my 5.3 wires? or is this going to be more complicated than that?
my plan is/was to try and use my s10 c2 plug with as much of it used as i can and the rest just cut off and thrown away.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Identifix has a 14 day trial going on right now. Sign up, print off all you need and cancel. I use Identifix and ProDemand at work, but am unable to copy and paste pictures from them. If I can figure it out I send you some information.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pin​
Wire Color​
Circuit No.​
Function​
Connector Part Information​
  • 68-Way F Metri-Pack 280 Series (BLK)
A1-A6​
—​
—​
Not Used​
A7​
GRY​
120​
Fuel Pump Motor Feed (2.2L)​
A8​
ORN​
440​
Fuse Output - Battery​
A9​
PNK​
239​
Fuse Output - Ignition 1 (4.3L)​
A9​
PNK​
239​
A10​
PNK​
439​
Fuse Output - Ignition (2.2L)​
A11-B6​
—​
—​
Not Used​
B7​
DK GRN/WHT​
465​
Fuel Pump Relay Feed - Coil (2.2L)​
B8​
—​
—​
Not Used​
B9​
PNK​
239​
Fuse Output - Ignition​
B10​
PNK​
439​
Fuse Output - Ignition (4.3L)​
B10​
PNK​
439​
Fuse Output - Ignition​
B11​
GRY​
1524​
Backup Lamp Feed - Monitored​
B12​
LT GRN​
275​
Transmission Mounted Neutral Safety Switch Output - Park (w/ M30)​
C1-C7​
—​
—​
Not Used​
C8​
PNK​
839​
Fuse Output - Ignition​
C9​
—​
—​
Not Used​
C10​
PNK​
439​
C10​
PNK​
439​
C11​
—​
—​
Not Used​
C12​
LT GRN/BLK​
584​
Fuse Output - Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (w/ M30)​
D1-D2​
—​
—​
Not Used​
D3​
DK GRN/WHT​
459​
Air Conditioning Compressor Control Relay Output​
D4​
DK GRN​
59​
Air Conditioning Compressor Clutch Coil​
D5-9​
—​
—​
Not Used​
D10​
PNK​
439​
D10​
PNK​
439​
D11​
PPL​
6​
Starter Solenoid Feed​
D12​
—​
—​
Not Used (w/o A/C)​
D12​
BLK/WHT​
350​
Ground (w/ A/C)​
E1​
—​
—​
Not Used​
E2​
PPL​
806​
Fuse Output - Crank (4.3L)​
E3-E6​
—​
—​
Not Used​
E7​
BLK/WHT​
451​
Engine Control Module Ground​
E8​
PNK​
639​
Fuse Output - Ignition 1 - Type III Fuse (4.3L w/ NM8)​
E9​
—​
—​
Not Used​
E10​
PNK​
439​
E10​
PNK​
439​
E11-F6​
—​
—​
Not Used​
F7​
BLK​
350​
Ground​
F8​
—​
—​
Not Used​
F9​
PNK​
539​
Fuse Output - Ignition​
F9​
PNK​
539​
Fuse Output - Ignition (4.3L)​
F10​
PNK​
439​
Fuse Output Ignition 1 (4.3L)​
F11​
PPL/WHT​
1035​
Starter Relay Feed - Coil (w/ M30)​
F12​
—​
—​
Not Used​

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thank you sir.
i found this made by user lt170chevelle

98 CHEVY BLAZER 4.3L
C2 CENTER CONNECTOR / UNDERHOOD FUSE BOX

A1-A6 = BLANK
A7 GRAY/FUEL PUMP OIL PRESS SWITCH
A8 ORANGE/PCM POWER B
A9 PINKx2/MAF&CAM SENSOR

A10-A11 = BLANK
B1-B2 = BLANK

B3 DK GREEN/AC CLUTCH
B4 GREEN WHITE/PCM CLUTCH CONTROL

B5-B7 = BLANK
B8 ORANGE/FUEL PUMP OIL PRESS SWITCH
B9 PINK/EVAP
B10 PINKx2/IGN FEED ICM & IGN COIL
B11 GRAY/BACKUP SWITCH & TRANS GEAR SWITCH-F
B12 LT GREEN/TRANS GEAR SWITCH-B

C1-C7 = BLANK
C8 PINK/TRANS GEAR SWITCH-C
C9 = BLANK
C10 PINKx2/INJECTORX2
C11 = BLANK
C12 LT GREEN BLACK/ SP204-K

D1-D9 = BLANK
D10 PINKx2/INJECTORx2
D11 BIG PURPLE/STARTER SELENOID
D12 = BLACK/ a/c compressor ground

E1-E6 = BLANK
E7 BLACK WHITE/EBCM GROUND
E8-E9 = BLANK
E10 PINKx2/INJECTORx2
E11-E12 = BLANK

F1-F4 = BLANK

F5 PURPLE/TRANS GEAR SWITCH-E C1
F6 = BLANK
F7 BLACK/FUELPUMP RELAY GROUND
F8 = BLANK
F9 PINK/O2 SENSOR
F10 PINK/CRANK SENSOR
F11 PURPLE WHITE/TRANS GEAR SWITCH-G

F12 = BLANK

my 5.3 harness requires me to hook up to a ignition wire for transmission solenoids/bcm which is pink. the s10 c2 has :
"brake shift interlock" wire which is green/black
"trans gear switch G" which is purple/white
"trans gear switch C", which is pink
"back-up and trans gear switch F", which is grey
"neutral safety switch" which is light green.
can someone give some light on which of these i can use for my 5.3 harness?
also would one of these be more favorable for my 5.3 tcc brake wire? which is purple.

after this i still need to source tach, speedo, and obdII pin 2 wires.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
You're moving in the right direction. It's not too complicated with the right info, so I'll try to share a few sources to help you get through it.

has a bunch of schematics for GM vehicles including Silverado (for your 2000 5.3 I'd use the diagrams from 1999) and S10

LT1 swap has been the online go to for wiring info on the LS swap for a long time.

Autozone also has most any wiring diagram you'll need. Just have to sign up, input the vehicle you want to look at, and go to their repair guides section.

For integrating the 5.3 into the S10 you'll use both the C2 like you've noticed as well as the C100 Body to Engine connection, which will get you the gauges, BCM, OBD2, etc.

When I built my harness I pulled up the schematics for both the S10 & the Silverado and compared the circuits I was trying to hook up. Most of the time the diagrams were near identical and the circuit numbers were even the same.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been looking and reading and posting on sites. I used he lt1 swap for tons of information and the stand alone for the most part. But now I'm into the part of making the truck do the work instead of a store bought fuse block like other people do. I have found that some wires a need to rap into are in the other plugs by using Google. I found a thread on this forum called "98blazer wiring pinout" where a few guys have put a ton of labour into sourcing exactly what all the wires do instead of "ignition 1 voltage".

I appreciate your input I'll look into your links!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
LT1 swap does go the route of standalone, but he also provides some of the schematics to do an integrated harness too.

If you get stuck on anything in particular let me know. I don't have a ton of spare time to double check everything, but I've done a couple of these swaps now as well as repairing/modifying stock S10 harnesses for many years and know my way around GM schematics.

If I remember when I'm on the computer later I can screenshot my C2 connector and how I wired that up on my 2000 Blazer. My C100 connector is a bit different since I updated that to a later 2003 connector to better match the 03 5.3 I swapped in.

Those are the 2 main connectors to tie into your truck. There is also a C104 connector that goes from engine harness to the chassis harness. That does fuel level and EVAP wiring.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Here you go. This is how I wired my C2 and I left in the circuits I didn't use. My truck also has a T56, I added wiring for a second fuel pump, and I did some wiring workarounds to control a remote starter solenoid, so there are some changes in there that are odd. Definitely ignore what I have in pins D11 & F11 as those are typically circuits for the starter circuit.

Here are my factory charts for C2 & C104 for reference. I don't have the C100 because I updated mine to the newer wiring setup like I said before.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my c2 is empty on a7 and b7, you used a8 for this? i found an original fuel pump relay on f7, on my c1 plug so i was going to use that for my fp relay wire,
i notice you have injectors 2 and 4 on f10, c2, where i found thats origianlly crank sensor, that will work for the 2 extra injectors?

what you have shown me here looks easy to follow, ill use this until i get confused. thanks!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
i found this, was thinking about chopping it off my stock harness and doing what i need to for it work, only difference is E is red, not purple, and my H is white, which seams irrelevant

edit: found another version of this and these wires still do the same thing just different colour with the different year.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
my c2 is empty on a7 and b7, you used a8 for this? i found an original fuel pump relay on f7, on my c1 plug so i was going to use that for my fp relay wire,
i notice you have injectors 2 and 4 on f10, c2, where i found thats origianlly crank sensor, that will work for the 2 extra injectors?

what you have shown me here looks easy to follow, ill use this until i get confused. thanks!
A7 is a 12V output from the fuel pump relay.
A8 is a constant 12V from the ECM B fuse.

I used those two on my truck because I added in a secondary fuel pump relay and wired my truck more like the Silverado. These are also used on the 2.2L S10, but they share the same fuse block schematics with the 4.3.

For yours all you need is to tie the PCM input to the fuse block on plug C2 - B7. C1 - F7 can also control the fuel pump relay, but the C1 plug is for the body harness rather than the C2 on the engine harness. Adding it in there will make it more difficult to remove the harness or disassemble the truck, so I'd suggest sticking to C2 - B7. The 4.3 has one of the four PCM connectors going to the body harness, which is why it used the C1 - F7 terminal. Your 5.3 harness doesn't do this and is much more similar to the 2.2 wiring.

The pinout diagrams I provided are only somewhat helpful without the schematics, which is why I linked you to the other sites too.

If you look at the circuit number for A10, B10, C10, D10, E10, and F10 they're all circuit 439 (12V ignition on ECM I fuse). The 5.3 doesn't need 12V from the fuse block for the Crank Sensor like the 4.3, so it's an open slot and I already had the other injectors on the circuit, so put the last 2 on it as well.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok just so I fully understand, if I add my own pin to B7, once the c2 is plugged in, there will be 12v there for my fuel pump? I have the schematics open too.
While I have your attention, would you be able to point me in the direction of making my back 2 coils fit? If not, I'm sure I can figure something out, just curious what other have done
Thanks so much for your help so far, I absolutely appreciate it!

·
Been there Done it
8,909 Posts
On mine I notched the A/C box and covered the hole with tin and seam sealer. The stuff the factory uses on floor and firewall seems. You can get it at Advance. On the drivers side I just cut the coil bracket and moved the last one up a couple inches and welded it back together. IIRC I did add a little gusset. Plug wire still reached.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Ok just so I fully understand, if I add my own pin to B7, once the c2 is plugged in, there will be 12v there for my fuel pump? I have the schematics open too.
No. If you wire in the fuel pump signal wire from the computer to pin B7 it will power on your factory fuel pump just like the 4.3 computer did from the factory.

If you want to plug into 12V from the relay once it has been commanded on you will want either connector C3 pin F1, which already runs back to your fuel pump currently or connector C2 pin A7 is also the same circuit.

When looking at the schematics the relay poles are labeled.
pole 30 is 12V into the relay
pole 87 is 12V out of the relay once activated
pole 85 is 12V to activate the relay
pole 86 is the ground to activate the relay

Trace those to the appropriate terminals to determine how to use the factory relay how you want.

Are you trying to power a different fuel pump or what's your plan? If using the factory wiring/pump you only need one small wire from the PCM to the fuse block to turn on the relay and in turn the pump without messing with any other wiring on the truck.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks oldeerslayer.
Harley, I'm using the stock pump. I'm simply looking for a suitable location for - as labaled on lt1swap, in the stock 2002 Silverado c2,
B7LT GRN/WHT465Fuel Pump Relay Control [- Primary]
Just trying to avoid having to use an after market fuse block, if my truck can already do this.

The 5.3 I'm putting in is completely stock. No mods as of right now. Just trying to get it running and driving.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
anyone know where in all of this would be suitable for my TCC trans switch?
thinking of using the "k" location on the last diagram i posted

1 - 17 of 17 Posts