S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well seeing as how the wiring harness is a major problem, I came up with an idea, rather than moving it up or reccessing it, why dont I just extend the wires and move it to the inside of the cab? The gasket that was on it got torn apart when I took it off, so I figure as long as I have something to mount it to on the interior it shouldnt matter too much right?

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
beats me but i was going to make thread where i can move that damn thing. i was going to move up and over toward the brake booster.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well see I tried to move it up some or angle it upwards, but either way it was still going to get in the way, I noticed in the sept. 03 issue of MT on this golden blazer that he has his in what looks like the stock position, he has 24" wheel tire and it is body dropped to the pinch (Not sure how much on a blaze), but since I'm doing a 3.5" with 24" wheel tire combo I need to make sure nothing is going to hit.

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
its 4.25" i beleive to go to the pinchs on the blazer, 4.75" to the rocker. Finals this week make it hard to think str8 anymore.

what size tire is 24" mine hits on the long bed with 215/50r17 I think thats what they are. haven't touched it yet the wiring harness that is.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
You talkin bout the fuse box thingie right above where the tubs go on the driv side of the firewall?

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where is the wiring harness on this one? it has a 3" body drop and 20" wheels, maybe its just full on show and doesnt have the wiring harness.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Ya that is pretty nice..most likely he is pulling off an old skool trick, where you run the wiring harness as low and as far back behind the engine as possible, so you will almost never see it...

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well see I would send him a message, but he is the featured truck this month on ssm, its gonna be kinda hard getting his e-mail... I'm not really as worried about not seeing it I just want it out of the way!

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
what it appears is he ran his wires though behind the motor and leghtened them for the head lights. this also means moving the fuse box to the center of the dash. i did it this for the 98 and 99 show season in my truck.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I'll do that because there is already a hole for where the heater wire ran through, only question is do I have to cut all the wires to get them through the hole??

Also kinda off subject, which should I do, cut the pinch weld off and lay rocker, bend it in, or drag it off????

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
LoW_1 said:
I think I'll do that because there is already a hole for where the heater wire ran through, only question is do I have to cut all the wires to get them through the hole??

Also kinda off subject, which should I do, cut the pinch weld off and lay rocker, bend it in, or drag it off????
you should be able to. just start with the biggest plugs first and you should be all set. i did a combo cut the thick parts and folded the rest.

·
dont be a pussy
312 Posts
what it appears is he ran his wires though behind the motor and leghtened them for the head lights. this also means moving the fuse box to the center of the dash. i did it this for the 98 and 99 show season in my truck.
thats what I did on this s10 http://www.geocities.com/westmichiganrodncustom/5.html and I am in the process of doing it to another s10 I am working on right now that is setup for 20s. Also did some tube work under the hood and the headlight wiring is going to run inside of the tube....kinda like a motorcycle.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How exactly did you do it? and where did you move the wires through and also where did you mount the fuse box on the inside?

·
dont be a pussy
312 Posts
if you look at the pictures on the link I posted, click on a picture of the firewall in primer, you can see the hole we ran the wires through, then the fuse box was mounted about were it comes stock under the dash.

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
NoDime4myTime said:
if you look at the pictures on the link I posted, click on a picture of the firewall in primer, you can see the hole we ran the wires through, then the fuse box was mounted about were it comes stock under the dash.
that hole right above the tranny tunnel? did you have to extend the wires?..well how much did you? pretty simple task? i'm awful with electrical shit.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts