S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple dumb questions since I know very little about wiring and cant really find the answer using the search (I'm sure I'm not using the right words)....

I just picked up a grill today off craigslist and as a bonus it had the turn signals with the factory fogs in them. From what I am reading I would need to get something reprogrammed in order for them to work like factory. Can I just buy a universal fog light wiring kit along with the 881 sockets and get them to work with that?

I was hoping to be able to get and use a factory fog switch but since I cant does anyone have a link to a switch that isn't super ugly? Or maybe a full kit that comes with a nice switch?

Thanks in advance.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,314 Posts
By the time you buy all the stuff to make them work, you might as well get the bcm programed and have everything stock.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thats what I'm wondering, if I would need more than what I listed.
If not thats only $30-$40 for everything. From what I'm reading just to get the bcm reprogrammed is around $100...

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,314 Posts
In the end...it works just like a factory install with no bugs to chase down.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Heres a stupid question...I have a 2K Sonoma w/o factory fogs installed the under hood fuse panel has the relay and 15A blade fuse installed for it, while I do understand about programing, and should I decide to install the correct factory headlight harness and switch for fogs what else do i need to do to get them to work?

the reason I ask is I read somewhere in another post that 98 and up if you get the correct harness it was pretty much PnP!
note I am gonna install the Envoy HID buckets and bumper w/fogs using the std Sonoma Blazer harness w/ fog plugs as opposed to the Envoy only harness which had a different under hood fuse box setup

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh well, I didnt have a ton of interest in them but figured if I could get them to work for $50 or less I would use them. I only paid $50 for the grill shell and them so I'm not really out anything if I dont use them.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Oh well, I didnt have a ton of interest in them but figured if I could get them to work for $50 or less I would use them. I only paid $50 for the grill shell and them so I'm not really out anything if I dont use them.
My 04 S10 did not have fog-lamps. I wanted to pursue and found park/fog light housings and a new lighting panel on eBay at reasonable prices.

I soon determined my truck didn't have fog-light wiring pre-installed so I added new wiring, fuse and relay - to go with the fog-light switch on the new lighting panel.

I'm familiar with wiring so didn't have any problems connecting so fog-lights operate similar to original equipment. I can email the lash-up I used if interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts