S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have two dual 4ohm subs and i need to wire it down to one ohm mono on this amp http://www.audiobahninc.com/products/detail.asp?productsID=46
all the specs are there. any help would be greatly appreciated. also, they are wired to 2ohms to each exterior terminal inside the box. can i just bridge the two channels and run both + from the terminals ans same with the -? ok hope thats not too confusing

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know hot to get 1 ohm on a mono amp, but this is a two channel. thanks for your help anyways:)

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
oh...put the + in one of the + terminals..and put the - in the the opposite -...

look at that same pic..where it's connected to the amp..same thing

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
oh i dunno about dat..
oh did u wanna hook up a sub to it's each terminal on the amp? like one sub per channel?
did u buy the amp already? cuz class D amps are way more effecient and are better at staying cool cuz of the heatsink design..

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would do it that way, but then it would only be 2ohms becuz they are dual 4's, if they were dual 2ohms then i could wire them to 1ohm stereo and run 1 off each channel......the problem is that i want to get the full amount of power out of this amp if i get it. the reason i am set on it is because it is the best power to money i have found. on sake at thezeb.com for 400 bucks! otherwise i am also looking at the A1500HCQ. class D mono amp, 2000 at 1ohm mono.<380$

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
why dont u get a DEI Viper 1200.1...pm if u want to know where u can get one for just a little under 400bucks brand spankin new.
its a mono block..peak power is 1500w...it's a powerful amp..
they did a review on it ..they tested 2 1200.1 and squeezed out watts a little under 4000w.
oh yea they run 1Ohm(1200wrms)
lemme know dawg.

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
could you get me the website for them? although i am kinda tryin to stay on one brand. audiobahn is workin well for me and i wanna stay there, you know?? the way i see it the products that companys make are usually designed to work in harmony with other products made by that same manufacturer and usually work better that way. but i'll give anything a look over.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
i dunt know exactly..pm me..then i can give u the price of a 1200.1 and i can give u the address to where u can get em..and u can ask for prices too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts