S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know nothing really about amps or basically anything further than hooking up a cd player , but i got this cheap amp that i want to hook up, its a blue Rampage amp , its a 4 chanel amp . on my reciever i have 2 sets of rca pre-outs , bye the way , i have a pioneer DEH-3500 , one of the pre-outs can be switched to sub output , but the other is for the front chanel . now what i want to do is run 2 subs off this amp , and it says not to bridge it , how do i wire this thing to run 2 subs , i will get some pics of the amp in a little bit , thanks

peace , ryan

·
Registered
132 Posts
Switch the rear preout from your deck to sub preout. Run the RCA's from that to the amp (to either the front or rear channel) . Since its a 4 channel amp, there should be a switch on the amp to choose 2 channel or 4 channel, choose 2 channel. Wire both the positives from both subs to the positive output for the channel on the amp where you connected the RCA's. Wire both the negatives from the subs to the negative output ffor the channel where you connected the RCA's to the amp.

Now run the power wire from the amp to the battery (don't forget to make sure you have a fusable link. You will have to go through the firewall. Make sure to run the power wire on the opposite side of the truck that you ran the RCA's. Run the turn on lead from the amp to your deck's amplifier turn on lead. Run a ground wire to a metal part of the chassis. The rear seat bolt is a good choice, but use a dremmel to get all the paint off the bracket where the bolt goes through.

How many watts does this amp have in 2 channel form and 4 channel form. I don't know why the amp would say not to bridge....

By switching the preamp outs on your deck to sub instead of rear, you should now have a seperate volume on your deck for subwoofer volume and maybe a crossover...also, your sub volume will not fade from front to rear with the speaker fader.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it dosnt have a switch to turn it to 2 channel , like i said , its a cheap one , but i would like to use it , just cause i have it , know what i mean , thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
How many sets of RCA females do you have on the amp...do you have 1 set (of 2) or 2 sets (4)?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well, I would hook the RCA's from the deck to the RCA's for the rear channel on the amp, then hook the left sub positive wire to the Rear left (+) output wire from the amp, and the left sub negative to the rear left(-) output wire from the amp. Connect the right sub positive to the rear right (+) output wire from the amp and the sub negative to the rear right (-) output wire from the amp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts