S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
totalled....
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to wire it so that when I hit unlock or lock on my key thing... the fog lights will blink??!
thanks, bryan

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
its simple...take two diodes have them feed a relay that will power you fog lights...the two diodes will tie into the door lock wires...face the stripes on the diodes towards the door locks...have them trigger the relay...pole 86..now since they are positive door locks...tie a ground to pole 85...now you need to find out how the fogs turn on...positive or negative...im thinking positive...you will need to tie pole 87 to constant..then pole 30 will be your output to the lights...if negative...just feed ground to to 87 and output will be out of pole 30...down fall here is everytime you lock and unlock the door inside they will flash too...good luck...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
totalled....
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, sounds a little complicated... i might just try and pay some store to do that for me or something... cause i dont know anything about all of that... but THANKS... ill use this to tell whatever place... thanks a ton!

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
bryans99s10 said:
wow, sounds a little complicated... i might just try and pay some store to do that for me or something... cause i dont know anything about all of that... but THANKS... ill use this to tell whatever place... thanks a ton!
cool it will work...and dont let them charge you more then 35-50 bucks to do it...

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
orangesonoma said:
its simple...take two diodes have them feed a relay that will power you fog lights...the two diodes will tie into the door lock wires...face the stripes on the diodes towards the door locks...have them trigger the relay...pole 86..now since they are positive door locks...tie a ground to pole 85...now you need to find out how the fogs turn on...positive or negative...im thinking positive...you will need to tie pole 87 to constant..then pole 30 will be your output to the lights...if negative...just feed ground to to 87 and output will be out of pole 30...down fall here is everytime you lock and unlock the door inside they will flash too...good luck...
ok i was tired when i did that post...the diodes need to face the other way...stripe away from the door lock wires...sorry...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts