S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be out of the blue. But when wireing up your valves would u just wire them up to the back of the switches?

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
To the back of the switch? What kind do u have? U should use 3 way momentary switches and then wire them so when your press the switch up the wire on the back goes to the fill valves. Press it down and the wire on the front goes to dump. Then u have a power going to each switch. I think that is right but I will double check.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha, yeah, thats what i ment. So on the back you have a wire across the middle for power, a wire on the back goes to the pump and front goes to dump.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Yep thats it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i stongly reccomend using relays on each valve,that will insure that you have a good connection which means good voltage which means better response,especially at highr pressures...there is alot of voltage loss when you run the power feed thro the swicth box then directly to the valves...
jus my opinion...

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
luvinitlow said:
i stongly reccomend using relays on each valve,that will insure that you have a good connection which means good voltage which means better response,especially at highr pressures...there is alot of voltage loss when you run the power feed thro the swicth box then directly to the valves...
jus my opinion...
I don't have any problems on mine. The only place I have relays is for the compressors.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never heard of using relays on each valve. I can probably understand on a high pressure system but I wont go above 150 at the most.

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
It's not necessary to run relays on the valves. The purpose of a relay is to switch a high currant circuit with a low currant circuit. The only way you would need a relay is if the switch you are using couldn't handle the currant draw from the valves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts