S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Home is where you make it
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve tried looking around with no luck.. (maybe because it doesn’t exist)

But does anyone know if there is a conversion kit or if I could even have this done? I currently have a drive By Wire. and im looking to convert to a drive By Cable without having to buy a new throttle body if all possible as to there isn’t anything wrong with the one i have.

Thanks if your able to help! :bowdown:

·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ummmm What did you say? I can't hear you over your signature pic. LOL

I've not seen a kit for this but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
haha

Thanks! Yea I guess ill keep looking, If not break down and just buy one. :rant:

·
Killing Time
5,869 Posts
I'm pretty sure there isn't a kit to change the DBW TB to a DBC TB....You'll just have to sell the one you have and get a DBC TB....

·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty sure there isn't a kit to change the DBW TB to a DBC TB....You'll just have to sell the one you have and get a DBC TB....

Bummer.. well it was worth a thought :D

O well I will probally hold on to it never know may need it on the full-size how my luck has been going on that thing..

Thanks for the input guys! I figured if I didnt find one by searching there probally wasnt one anyways.

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
Unless i am incorrect, I was under the impression that the crankshaft is different from dbw to dbc, as there is a different reluctor count.... I could very well be wrong, tho..... Plus, it'll never be possible with a dbw throttle body, as all the electrics (idle air control, throttle position sensor) are intertwined in the dbw connector. And then, do you have a dbw harness? That wouldnt have an i.a.c. or t.p.s. connector in it

And i was also enchanted by ur sig pic lol, but i fought through it

·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless i am incorrect, I was under the impression that the crankshaft is different from dbw to dbc, as there is a different reluctor count.... I could very well be wrong, tho..... Plus, it'll never be possible with a dbw throttle body, as all the electrics (idle air control, throttle position sensor) are intertwined in the dbw connector. And then, do you have a dbw harness? That wouldnt have an i.a.c. or t.p.s. connector in it
Good point i believe you are right! I have a dbw harness so i think i would need to have it modified, but its going to Current Performance to get the work over anyways so ill have to let Jared know to see if there is anything to be changed..

And i was also enchanted by ur sig pic lol, but i fought through it
I have used this Sig off and on on a few sites for the past like 5-10yrs now and still going strong.. So long i forget who she is.. :cool: But just cant seem to get rid of it yet!

·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more question on this...

I figure if I can get the parts needed cheap enough maybe I’ll just keep the dbw TB.. Anyone know what all is required?

I presume the Pedal with sensor and throttle control module + misc wiring and connectors? I can check my full size when i get home but thought someone had to have used a dbw at some point on here?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
what year is the motor, or what color is the crank sensor?
If its black, its a 24X, if its gray, it a 58x. If its gray, its too much work to convert it over. If you want to run DBW, you need the Tac module, the pedal, and the PCM thst match the throttle body you're running. Switch over to DBC is fairly easy, you need a drive by cable throttle body, a plug for the Iac and the TPS, you'll need to do a little rewiring, and then flash a DBC tune in the PCM

·
Registered
841 Posts
My 04/5.3 was a dbw TB and when I had CPW build my harness I told him I was going with the dbc.No big deal.He built my harness and he had an 01-02 pcm that he reflashed that was already an dbc.Just have to get the dbc tb and the sensors that go with it,(tps,iac).Good luck.

·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My 04/5.3 was a dbw TB and when I had CPW build my harness I told him I was going with the dbc.No big deal.He built my harness and he had an 01-02 pcm that he reflashed that was already an dbc.Just have to get the dbc tb and the sensors that go with it,(tps,iac).Good luck.

For sure sounding like the easier route.. So im going to just go to dbc.. i just mailed my harness to day so ill let jared know. Thanks for your insite guys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm looking at going from TBW to TBC. I hate the feel of TBW! So from what I under stand it just get new throttle body, harness, and re-flash the brain is this correct?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts