S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 4 door Blazer. I'm wondering if its possible to have all of the interior buttons/accessories work with a standalone harness. I do not have an under the hood fuse block, but I do have the fuse panel in the drivers door, and a couple relays in the glove box. I mainly want radio, ac/heater controls and all the lights to function as normal. If it's possible, I'm not terribly sure how to make it happen. Are these things receiving power from the drivers' fuse panel? Are any of these connections routed back to the VCM? In case anybody needs to know, It's got power door/windows, motorized seat, radio, blower controls, dome/cluster lights etc.

I also noticed on some diagrams that one of the plugs that run into the firewall bulkhead mention something about Transmission range circuit. Anybody know what these signals would be used for inside the vehicle and would they be necessary or mandatory that I run these signals back through to the cabin area? I'm not very good yet at understanding these wiring diagrams.

These are some of the wiring connections/descriptions that I have coming from the bulkhead on the firewall. These plugs are inside the engine bay, coming from the bulkhead that originally attached the the rest of the engine harness. I believe its c103 that runs to the transmission that has the transmission range signals, that run into the bulkhead.

·
Been there Done it
11,874 Posts
IIRC 97 was the last year that not much from the interior interacted with the VCM, PCM, or what ever they called the computer that year. The wires for the transmission range switch don't go thru the computer. Just leave them as is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I was wanting to do was get the terminator x harness but wasn’t sure if I would be able to power the interior without tapping into the harness. But if it’ll power through the fuse panel then I might lean that direction. Do you know what that signal happens to run to in to cabin area? I’d imagine the terminator harness would have that plug on the transmission occupied already and I don’t want to have to cut into that harness if I don’t have too

·
Been there Done it
11,874 Posts
I’d imagine the terminator harness would have that plug on the transmission occupied already and I don’t want to have to cut into that harness if I don’t have too
You're going to have to do some wiring alterations. Not major ones. Like providing 12V, ignition power, and ground to the terminator. That's gonna mean taping into some harness. It's when you get to little things like gear indicators and tach signals that it starts getting interesting. There will likely be some fuel pump wiring integration needed. I would highly not recommend just having the fuel pump wired to the ignition. In a crash that could become a serious problem.
I'm curious if they provide various programming for the different year 4l60E transmissions. Among other things the lockup strategy varies depending on the year.
I'd have to see terminators wiring diagrams and instructions before figuring out a specific wiring scheme for your truck. You can probably find a local performance shop who'd do it for less than I'd charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts