S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Bought a 2002 S10 today from an IAA auction, it was supposedly run and drive, apparently it's run and drive only to the closest gas station then it pisses all it's gasoline on the concrete as it's being filled up. It somehow limps home, and I go to cut the fuel line, and lo and behold, I accidentally cut part of the wiring harness. I'm not sure if this is the tail light harness or actual wiring harness, it's under the drivers side front door, and runs alongsr the frame to the rear, I know I can fix it with electrical connecters, but can anyone tell me what actually is? Bonus points to who can tell me if a fuel line runs inside the frame or not.
0721202102a.jpg

·
Been there Done it
8,599 Posts
The wire colors would indicate it's a rear lights harness. The fuel line runs both inside the frame and on top of it farther back. Judging from the visible rust I'd recommend pulling the bed and replacing every tube and hose from the firewall back. Fuel, evap, brakes. You're going to eventually. Might as well do it once and be done with it. Use NiCop for all the metal portions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts