S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1989 S15 Ext Cab 2wd, 2/3 drop
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have NO wiper functions at all - including washer. SO, bad switch/harness, right? The wiring diagram shows 5 wires: Hot, Lo, Hi, Park, Wash. However, my harness seems to have the Park and Wash just jumpered together, nothing coming from the column. It looks exactly like this aftermarket harness.

I do have intermittent wipers, and that's what this part is labeled for. The available harness, without intermittent wipers, has all 5 wires. The previous owner (in my family) doesn't remember any troubles with wipers, but it hasn't been driven in awhile.

Do I just have the wrong harness in there? Any experts?

·
Registered
121 Posts
the wiper motors ground is the bolt that is at the top and toward the middle of the firewall. Make sure the it is clean and grounded. I dont know if the washer uses the same ground.

·
Registered
1989 S15 Ext Cab 2wd, 2/3 drop
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update for others: The harness is correct. The schematic in my Haynes manual must be "without intermittent." The Autozone wiring diagram matches the Haynes manual. The signal wires are different, and the pulse board interprets them.
In my case - I replaced the motor and pulse board (new), and all is well. I was just thrown when the washer wouldn't work, either. All tied to that pulse board.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts