S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this is my plans for the truck throughout this winter... i got a lot ahead of me, stuff is listed in no particular order.

- shave everything, will be done as soon as my order of stuff comes in... sometime in the next month.

- new sub enclosure for my 3 - 12's (starting asap)

- fiberglass my 6.4" screen into the dash somewhere.

- fiberglass or smooth out whatever i can in the interior (starting asap)

- full air ride install to lay frame on my 20's (starting around march)

- custom made door panels (starting soon as i get the power windows installed)

- new deck as mine was just ganked on christmas eve.

- hopefully step shavers.

I will keep this updated with pics of the progress and what not, i believe that is about all I have planned.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol... it is a ton of work... and while im doin on that im also working on stuff for other people... and a little side project of my own... hehehehe... that one's gonna be a surprise though.... i can't wait to get that one done!

I will get pics soon as i can.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: December 29 2003

I got a phone call form FBI today... my solenoids should be here in like 10 days!

Placed my order for filler plates from Jason just like an hour ago... should be shipped on friday.

He doesn't make 3rd brake light fillers for x-cabs though... i didnt know they were different... weird...

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
December 30, 2003

Glass repaired today from break-in on xmas eve.

Still need to go to the insurance company so they can look at the damage to the inside and decide how much they are going to give me for repairs and the replacement of my Alpine 9815 deck.

I've pulled a couple panels out.. my visors are off... the "oh shit" handle is off. I want to take the headliner out and am finding that it's probably gonna be a bit of work... looks like i need to take a lot of the plastic out so I can get it off. Does anyone know what's required exactly for an x-cab?

I will be starting to prep for shaving asap... gonna sand the paint down every where as well as make a filler plate for the 3rd brake light.

What does everyone think of the itsraw.com stepshavers?

If I get the itsraw shavers... then im gonna rig up my plate on a spare power antennae motor that I have lying around here

Another thing I wil be doing is rollin in primer next year... so im gonna do a 2-tone primer job.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
December 31, 2003

I think I have come up with my sketch for my center console.

I am going to have the deck in the console too... and put my 6.4" screen where the deck used to be, I will probably relocate the heater controls to the glove box as well.

I need to do some checking in the interior of the truck first to see if the console idea will work, its kinda tuff to make one when you have a standard trans, but i think i can work around that.

I might try to cut my hole for the tailgate handle relocator tonite before heading out to party too.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So today I started on my console... didnt get enuff done that it was worth to take pics of it... basically i just have the frame made... I will be workin on it more tomorrow hopefully... I wanna have it ready to be glassed tomorrow... and then glass it this week and get it ready to go in... seeing as how I dont have a stereo in right now i wanna get the console done asap so i can listen to music again!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Monday January 5, 2004

Temperature of -45 Celcius is -49 Fahrenheit

I bought an Oscillating Spindle Sander yesterday and sanded the MDF peices of my console so they were identical for both sides.

Today I should be putting the peices together and test fitting it in the truck to make sure it fits and wont interfere with the stick shift.

I'm also registering for a welding course (6 weeks, once a week for 3 hours each time) Hopefully it will be pretty good.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Dude sounds great. I too ordered my filler plates from Jason. How much are u getting you solenoids from FBI for? I can get mine from a friend for 230.00 and those are the auto-loc ones. Looks like u got alot work and fun ahead of you.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
No remotes?

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
DarkSide said:
im using my existing alarm (Compustar)
O ok hope it works out and post lots of pics especially of the monitor.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After mocking up the frame of the console I realized it was a bit to big... and would interfere with the shifter a lot... so i had to chop it down... its gonna be a bit tricky making it, its a lot more work that I first thought out... oh well... its not gonna be completly ready for glass tonite... i am guessing it will now be ready for glassing this weekend... i gotta do a lot of tweeking... and dont have to much time to work on it... or the patience... its freakin to cold to even work in my heated garage... -45 celcius... walking from the garage to the house freezes your nuts!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aiight.. I got the console kinda together... it should all fit good... If i could take pics i would... im gonna see if i can borrow my sisters digi to take some pics of it...

So far its looking pretty good... the trouble i think will be glassing it... i think that is gonna take a lot of work... there's some funny curves in it... but so far so good... hopefully this weekend it will get a coat of glass on it.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm about ready to break something...

im just getting frustrated with this damn console... i just wanna get it done... i need music... i have to sing to myself to and from work all the time damnit... and i aint got a good singing voice!

Im really realizing that this thing is a lot of work... its gonna be a bitch to glass... and arghh... i just want it done!

i just spent an hour outside in a freakin freezing cold garage workin on this thing... and hardly got shit done...

arghh... it better be worth it in the end!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok... this console idea i had sucks... i dont like it at all... its pissing me off... and keeps falling apart...lol.. what a peice of shit...

im so freakin mad that its funny...

i dunno what to do... it would be nice if i didnt have the ****in stick shift in the way...

how the hell should i make this thing?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
DarkSide said:
ok... this console idea i had sucks... i dont like it at all... its pissing me off... and keeps falling apart...lol.. what a peice of shit...

im so freakin mad that its funny...

i dunno what to do... it would be nice if i didnt have the ****in stick shift in the way...

how the hell should i make this thing?
mold somethin outta your civic bumper :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts