S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LIL RED ROCKET
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just woundering what everone is using for tires this winter

right now i have a set of goodyear Ultra Grip M&S 225/60/16 on my Xtreme...

kinda thinking about getting new winter ones again...

·
LIL RED ROCKET
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so what no one drives their truck in the snow...?

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
Id rather not but im running 235/55/16 goodyears new model forget the name not that it matters, should probably ask how much weight you put in the back when it snows, i have 160lbs of dirt.

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
guys, 235 is way too wide. Im running 205.75/15 bridgestone winterdueler's (ie blizzaks for trucks). Thay are insanely good. Tested other tires, even studded....no contest. And i run no weight in the rear. I go everywhere.

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
I am riding on the Tigerpaws that came with it...not sure on the size.....big and ugly i am sure of though

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
205/70/15 Snowtires (set of 4) on 15" S-10 aluminum rims. Also with sand tubes and a Posi rear it goes great.

Steve

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
running stock wheels and tires here....today was the first snow and surprisingly i had no problem at all...i want to get some 18's but i guess i should wait until winter is over :( that would be no fun thou gh

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am running a 225 60 16 in the rear for better traction on my ZQ8 wheel, and just the stock tires in the front. They have a little more meat on them, and aren't so wide of a tire, plus they don't look to different then the fronts.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I swapped out my nw style ZQ8's for the winter....am running the LS swirl rims....205/75/15 all season fronts and 205/75/15 winter tires in the back.....2/4 drop.....posi and no weight......no problems yet.......still looks funny with them skinny little tires on......oh well....4 more months and the ZQ8's go back on!!!

Drivin the Sonoma till spring cause I can't ride the H-D in the snow.....Cozmo

·
H-D motorsports
654 Posts
I'm running 215/60 16 BFG winter slaloms (ice tires). Still a little wide for the best traction but look good on the Xtreme.. I also carry 2 sand bags in the back depending on the weather. Not only does it provide better weight and traction, if you get stuck or some one else gets stuck you got some sand you can throw down and easily drive it out.

Plus when I take off up north and the roads get real bad I just need to spend 15 minutes with the stud gun and I'm rockin'.

We ran a set of these but 175's a few years back on a rally car and were completly amazed. They were better then the blizzaks or nordiks/alpines

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I just hate the way my truck looks with the snowtires on but at least this way my ZQ8 rims don't get beat up and I don't get stuck :D

Steve

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
In the back i have 2 kelly 225/60 16s. They are much better than the old ones now on the front. 250lbs of sand also helps a lot in the UP of Michigan. I haven't gotten stuck or out of control yet this year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts