S-10 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
loco hombre
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to start having two sets of tires and would like suggestions -- my 15" alloys are okay, and I'd like to put a large set of A/T tires on for winter (winter sucks, here!) but have another set of rims (17's, probably) with good tires for spring/summer/fall, just to improve handling a bit and whatnot. Not looking to break the bank here for rims or tires... but just looking for suggestions. Figure I can get some "poofy" tires for the 15's that will contribute more towards sloppy steering but be good non-the-less for winter driving and the such, and then get some large (though not as poofy) tires for the 17's to help drive a little nicer in the summer and fall and whatnot. Hopefully both sets would end up the same diameter so the speedo wouldn't need recalibrating every year or something.

Suggestions? Maybe 17's aren't the best choice? Its a 4x4 and a daily driver so I see no need to go excessive like 22" or something Just a nice set of 17's or whatever other people are using for similar, where tires themselves won't break the bank either.

Bottom line.. looking to fit the largest tires that won't rub or anything. Preferably a set to fit on my stock 15's to use for winter, and a set with slightly larger rims for spring/summer/fall that won't break the bank. Suggestions are very welcome.. thanks! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts