S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
spark it or park it
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'am sure this has been asked or not asked, But is there a good way to store a bagged ride in the winter, aired up aired out :dunno: ....

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
I'd say drain the tanks and lines and bags, so water isnt in them, and they dont freeze..

·
Registered
24 Posts
maybe aired out, but with the frame on some blocks or something, so the suspension and the bags arent compressed all the way, it should take some of the stress off of things. Thats just an idea.

·
Frozen Exploding Beer
150 Posts
I know for a non-bagged car/truck, you are supposed to keep the weight off the tires and putting jack stands under the suspension so it doesn't sag. my guess for bags is to have some air in it to act like a spring and not push the suspension all the way up (that is if you are using jackstands under the suspension).

But air systems will eventually leak the air out and so it may be aired out by spring.

·
The Visionary
680 Posts
Word, Dime Time.

I would do like that other dude said. Drain the tanks, lines, then set it on some blocks just high enough to take most of the weight off of the tires and not so high that the suspension is hangin'.

Going out and starting up your truck now and then is good too. I've heard of people putting "dry gas" in their tanks also.

I spent 3 years up in New England, talk about some freakin' snow!

·
278 Posts
enginuite said:
maybe aired out, but with the frame on some blocks or something, so the suspension and the bags arent compressed all the way, it should take some of the stress off of things. Thats just an idea.
^ yup there was a post about this awhile back, i believe it was decided that was the best way to go. good luck

·
Registered
99 Posts
wat i did last year was drive it into the garage and hit a few switchs for the last time and let it down and said bye for the winter this year i did the same but the suspention is outa it to get reworked but yea nothing happend to the bags or tanks or comps everything worked fine when i fired it bak up 3 months later well i would go out every few days and hit a switch or 2 to remind me of what i put the last 2 year into later Joe

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
mine is in the garage and has been for a month with it aired out with just some 2" high wood blocks under it. most of the weight is on them. got em runnin the length of the frame. i guess well see in the srping. but im there all the time workin on the rear cant start it up tho.no gas or tanks or anyhting. im sure itll be fine. if not, another reason to get new stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts