S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
RFG Customs
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend of mine moved into a new house and found a 55 chevy dash shell in the garage and asked if i wanted it.I said sure,not really knowing what to do with it.This was about 2 years ago.Then i got the idea to put it in my s-10 since the interior was pretty much stock.So this winter I started the project.I have tons of pics but i'm not gonna post them all.I had to cut out about 6 inch from the middle,add 1 inch to the drivers side,mount the dash and make fillers,add heat vents,cut ends off and incorporate then into the doors.I also made door panels.I used a stock 55 speedo head,heater controls,headlight switch etc.I didn't want to post pics as i went along,figured i would wait till it was done.Still on the to do list is get the seat redone in a tuck and roll and add a new carpet.

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
wow man REALLY CLEAN ...any gauges or anything work?

·
RFG Customs
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The temp gauge isn't there(I have mechanical guages under the dash anyway)The stock s-10 fuel gauge is in the 55 cluster.The alt light,signal lights,high beam all work.The oil light is now my check engine light.The speed would work if i put a cable in there.

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Novaracer said:
The temp gauge isn't there(I have mechanical guages under the dash anyway)The stock s-10 fuel gauge is in the 55 cluster.The alt light,signal lights,high beam all work.The oil light is now my check engine light.The speed would work if i put a cable in there.
very sweet man ...came out looking flawless...:D

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
thats kick ass, what year was that dash, 55?

·
Banned
9,778 Posts
holy shit man that's tight

·
Static> Bags
2,596 Posts
Look very nice,

·
Unda Construction
83 Posts
Wow, that's some unbelievable custom work right there! Fantastic job......:D