S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it rains my wipers work as they feel it is necessary, not as I want them to. Could this be caused by the faulty solders on the wiper module as I have read here in the past?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tuff Ten said:
When it rains my wipers work as they feel it is necessary, not as I want them to. Could this be caused by the faulty solders on the wiper module as I have read here in the past?
Depending on your model year, I believe that issue may have been covered under a recall.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
yes thats usually the problem. Both of my trucks had this same issue, i pulled the cover off the wiper motor, pulled the circuit board and resolder about 7 connections i believe. Works prefect now. :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sounds like the solder connections to me.

·
how low can you go
2,745 Posts
mine never works either unless i hit the wiper motor and play with the plug its a common thing for those trucks

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
its a circuit board inside the motor section of the wipers. you simply pull the black abs plastic cover off the wiper motor and then pull the circuit board out.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The bad solder connections are usually on the PCB at the harness connector. Also check of an open (burnt up) trace near the relay on the PCB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts