S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my arm with a dorman arm and now it seems to be slipping. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the area that mates to the wiper motor is not grooved on the inside while my old one is.

Does anyone know if a new OEM wiper arm is grooved or non grooved? I tried to call and ask a couple dealers but they wouldn't help.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2000 is "grooved"
Yea. But do you think it's grooved because of time on the spindle of the wiper arm motor? When I look close at my old wiper arm, it appears that ~85% of the mating area is grooved but the upper portion is smooth.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yea. But do you think it's grooved because of time on the spindle of the wiper arm motor? When I look close at my old wiper arm, it appears that ~85% of the mating area is grooved but the upper portion is smooth.
I don't profess to know everything but I have never seen a wiper arm that wasn't either keyed or splined.

·
Registered Hoosier
4,640 Posts
The new arms are smooth. Clean the splines out with a pick and wire brush. When you tighten the arm, the splines will dig into the arm.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The new arms are smooth. Clean the splines out with a pick and wire brush. When you tighten the arm, the splines will dig into the arm.
Great! Thanks for the info. It seems it's important to check the feel of the wiper motor splines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts