S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure exactly what they are called, I'm calling it the window trim.. But it's the black rubber pieces on the outside bottom of the window. I've noticed mine have came loose, the clips I guess just are wore out. So now they buzz with my bass.. lol. It's really annoying and I'm afraid they'd about come off drivin down the road.

So my question is, what do I use to make them stay? Some sort of glue?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
It's very easy to bend them out of whack and get the ripple effect. Id go to the junk yard and carefully take some newer ones off and put them on. Won't cost more than a few bucks a piece. Saves you from trying a quick fix and just end up with bent trim. There's metal inside, you could try to close them in a little more for some more grab though. I'm telling you, don't end up bending them because you won't get them back..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm well they aren't bent or anything yet. They sit in the right spot, just the rubber/plastic teeth that are suppose to grab ahold are worn down enough to not grab.

And just to make sure we're on the same page lol. Here is what I am talking about.

·
Registered
800 Posts
If the strips are straight or at least acceptible, get some clear silicone sealer & put some inside the channel that fits on the door. They wont come back off and if they do, beat the guy that pulls them off.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
they are called ''belt moldings''

and they are poorly designed for the s10 family......everyone i've ever worked on was pretty loose.....i used butyl to keep mine from rattling

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm. I don't believe I've ever used Butyl.. but I have plenty of silicone seeing as we own a heating and air company.. lol. So if silicone won't hurt anything I'll try that :p Thanks!

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
silicone will dry and make it a bitch to remove and get your ass beat by the painter if you ever need work done....butyl never dries and will hold it just fine

·
Uni-Joint Snapper
792 Posts
They rattle? Just wait till they start rolling up with your window haha

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
They rattle? Just wait till they start rolling up with your window haha
i've seen that on numerous 98+ trucks....it only happens with power windows that i've seen and it distorts the molding pretty badly over time

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
you can maybe buy a little bit from your local body shop......it won't take more than 4 inches to do both sides......

if a body shop won't do it go to a local autoglass company.....

i've got a roll right here but have no clue where you are or if you want to wait for it........try those places forst,if they won't do it and you don't wanna buy a roll,i'll give you some

if you want to buy a roll then go to an autobody supply store

1 - 15 of 15 Posts