S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck was broken into about a year ago through the passenger side, I replaced the window but I've put off retinting the window. I had my windows tinted 2 years ago, but I can't remember if it was 5% or 10% tint. Anyways, I want to get it tinted over again, as dark as I can. I also want to get my front windshield completely tinted, instead of the thin strip up high. I'm gonna do it at this local shop which I have heard good things about, so should I ask for 5% or just dark as I can get it?:)

·
Got Boost?
1,276 Posts
depening on your state laws, the tinting will vary. In missouri, we can have on the back 3 windows (back winshield, ext. cab windows) 5%. On the passenger and driver side doors, the maximum is 15%. I got my whole winshield done 35% which is the state maximum you can have. you cant have anything lower than those on the front 3 windows or it will be considered "illegal" in the state of missorui. However I have never come accross a cop who has said "that looks like its 25% on your winshield and the legal limit is 35% so im gonna have to give you a ticket." I was worried about 35% not being dark enough, but since my back winshield is hella dark, if you look in the front of the truck through the winshield you cant see sh!t. So it you dont need to worry about it being dark cause it will be. But I would definitly check with your tinting shop about whats legal or not.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If the shop you are taking your vehicle to is as good as you believe, they'll know by looking just what % you have or had. Your original may have faded some by now.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I had 1% on for one day.. It was soo freakin dark I couldn't
hardly look OUT of it much less in.It was a deep red inside
almost BLACK looking in. I hauled ass back to the tinter's the
next day and told em rip that stuff off..I almost hit an old lady
on a bicycle when I was turning because I didn't see her and
it was at 2:00 in the afternoon. That tint was nuts...:haha:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
01_STL_X said:
depening on your state laws, the tinting will vary. In missouri, we can have on the back 3 windows (back winshield, ext. cab windows) 5%. On the passenger and driver side doors, the maximum is 15%. I got my whole winshield done 35% which is the state maximum you can have. you cant have anything lower than those on the front 3 windows or it will be considered "illegal" in the state of missorui. However I have never come accross a cop who has said "that looks like its 25% on your winshield and the legal limit is 35% so im gonna have to give you a ticket." I was worried about 35% not being dark enough, but since my back winshield is hella dark, if you look in the front of the truck through the winshield you cant see sh!t. So it you dont need to worry about it being dark cause it will be. But I would definitly check with your tinting shop about whats legal or not.
I should find out about Indiana's law on window tint, but like you said I doubt I will come across a cop who would give me a ticket in the first place. PLenty of the cop cars have darker tint than what I have now. I guess cops think they are the big dawgs. <YAWN>

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bg's said:
I had 1% on for one day.. It was soo freakin dark I couldn't
hardly look OUT of it much less in.It was a deep red inside
almost BLACK looking in. I hauled ass back to the tinter's the
next day and told em rip that stuff off..I almost hit an old lady
on a bicycle when I was turning because I didn't see her and
it was at 2:00 in the afternoon. That tint was nuts...:haha:

LOL I'm sure I would have some road rage when it wasn't even planned out due to a 1% tint job. Good times! lol

·
Subsonic Kustomz!
910 Posts
i dont know man. i knew someone that had his windows too dark and the cop made him peel it on the side of the road before he let him go.

Damondogg said:
I should find out about Indiana's law on window tint, but like you said I doubt I will come across a cop who would give me a ticket in the first place. PLenty of the cop cars have darker tint than what I have now. I guess cops think they are the big dawgs. <YAWN>

·
s-series #2?
gone
24,805 Posts
ive heard stories like that but i doubt theyre true. it just doenst make sense. unless its like 1%... they dont necessarily peel that easily off.

·
carries a gun at work
1,984 Posts
i've heard of cops cutting an x into the tint b/c it was illegal

·
UNBANNED BITCHES!!
2,007 Posts
bill 4.3l 5spd said:
i've heard of cops cutting an x into the tint b/c it was illegal
i have also HEARD of this....

the door window runs about $20 and the windshield runs about $40 tinted FYI

·
De-extremed S-10 Sonoma?
30 Posts
01_STL_X said:
I don't know where you got your info, but MO definately doesn't allow tint on the windshield below the line at the top of the glass. The side windows must be 35% or higher, and the back (extended cab) and backlight can be as dark as you want. The tint laws can be found here: http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/MO/

And yes, people do get pulled over for tint. I did for my 5%, right here in Missouri (O' Fallon to be precise). I currently have an $83 ticket I'm about to mail in. It's not clear whether I just have to pay the fine or whether I'll have to pay the fine and remove the tint, but I guess I'll find out once I send the ticket in.

·
Got Boost?
1,276 Posts
amcquinn86 said:
I don't know where you got your info, but MO definately doesn't allow tint on the windshield below the line at the top of the glass. The side windows must be 35% or higher, and the back (extended cab) and backlight can be as dark as you want. The tint laws can be found here: http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/MO/

And yes, people do get pulled over for tint. I did for my 5%, right here in Missouri (O' Fallon to be precise). I currently have an $83 ticket I'm about to mail in. It's not clear whether I just have to pay the fine or whether I'll have to pay the fine and remove the tint, but I guess I'll find out once I send the ticket in.
I got my windows done at a public window tinting company, not going to mention there name, and they told me what my options were. My whole winshield is 35% and it looks badass :p. Havent gotten pulled over in it in missouri or illinois. Ive had it for almost 8 months. Plus i got pulled over by a cop who gave me warning for speeding and didnt say anything. So I dont know maybe the cops i run into just dont give a sh!t.

·
i'd hit it!!
406 Posts
yEA i had my windshield don 35% and got yanked a week after i got it done

·
Got Boost?
1,276 Posts
heres some pics of my front winshield with a little rain

1 - 20 of 30 Posts