S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger window will roll down , but not up , It is like it falls off . The mech will come right up without the window . It took me an hour to get it up and I am affraid to roll it down again . What could be wrong here ? I read on here a while back about something like this but can't find it now .

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Most likelly your front window run channel guide(little triangle that snaps onto the glass)has come off,and when its rolled down it falls forward enough outta the track the window arm comes out of the track on the glass.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do i fix that ??? Cause when you roll it down or try to go up after you get it on the track it goes forward

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just did mine ~ 1991 Sonoma w/ manual windows.

You'll 1st need to yank the door panel off to get in there and see exactly what is going on. There's only a few screws on the armrest, the window crank [or power window switch plate] and a bunch of push in clasps around the door panel edge [be prepared to replace them also ~ $3 a box of 10 at advance]. On mine, the triangular plastic front channel guide was wore out and fell off. My GM dealer had one in stock. It's a 2" or so black plastic piece that opens up, goes around the forward bottom edge of the front door glass and snaps on itself through a small hole in the glass. There's one at the rear also, near the top. You can access it though the inner door frame once the door panel is off versus removing the glass. Snap the new channel guide in place and the fun begins :) Patience is the key, getting the glass back on track. Tilt the glass forwards to get the channel guide set into the front channel. Carefully bring up the front of the glass by hand while tilting and align the window roller into the window regulator channel and the rear rear channel guide into it's respective window channel. It takes a little effort to get all 3 steps done pretty much in sync. Once it feels right, gently push the glass against/into the guide channel which will lock the guides into the channel if not already seated. If you've never worked on a door glass before, you won't have the basic knowledge of their inner workings otherwise it's an easy job. There's the glass, channel guides, the channels in which they ride, a regulator that makes the glass go up and down and a roller/bracket on the bottom of the glass which rides in the regulator channel ~ simple really. You can look at the other door if you need to see the workings.

Have fun!

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
You can get them from LMC truck.com or at the major auto parts store in the helP! section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts