S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you take off the stupid window cranks, i got the window crank puller and that hasnt worked, i want to install new speakers and some envoy handles.

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
mine were a bi*** to get off too. they were so bad i couldnt get them back on so i bought some billet ones. just keep workin at it and they'll come off, hope yours will go back on for you...:bash:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Go to autozone, you can pick up a little tool that is like 4 bucks and slides under the crank an pops the clip out. I think it is worth it, you could mess with them cranks for a half hour or just get that thing and it takes about 1 minute each door.

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
I agree with Black on that one. Get the tool... it fits around the base of the crank and pops the clip off (make sure to catch it or it'll fly across the room, heheheh).

I did it when I put in power windows. 1 or 2 minutes to find the clip by poking around and bam! they're off.

good luck

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah I forgot about that clip flying pretty far. I ended up losing one of my brothers on his cavalier because of that. I pushed the tool and that clip shot across the yard never to be seen again. Make sure you watch that!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts