S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i have enough money i might be interested in buying a winch to mount on the front of my truck. How and where do you mount a winch on the front of an S10? any special bracketry or what?

·
WWJD for a klondike bar?
55 Posts
well, I'm a fabricator, so I'd make one for myself. Contact warn, they might make a bumper for a first gen s-10? not sure

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
yeah, you have to get a winch bumber, or somehting like that, but its reinforced so you dont rip the bumper off when you use your winch. i think most companies that make bumpers make winch bumpers

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
im waiting for my buddy to get the $$ cuz we are goin halves on a tubing bender and im gonna make up my own winch mount bumper. aedofab makes some but i dont like their style. www.aedofab.com

·
Registered
653 Posts
Warn makes a hidden mount for the front that tucks up under the air dam. Just the fairlead sticks out. I used to have one on mine. The only problem is you cant see the wire when you spool it backup and it tends to bird nest.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
you could, but it would also have to be reinforced with some crossbracing. how much alike are the 1st gen and 2nd gen front end, in terms of frame? you might be able to take the bumper off, take the tow hooks off, make a bracket for the winch to fit in, weld a plate from the end of one frame rail to the end of the other, crossbrace (diagonally, and from the bottom of the plate to the top of the frame), of course it would look like a redneck soultion, but it might work.

·
Registered
125 Posts
you could get one of those tow hitchs for the front and get a hitch mount winch, or fab something to hook a normal winch up to the hitch.

·
Registered
514 Posts
man, there is a redneck way for doing everything....trust me. duct tape is usually the main tool, but in this case, you need something stronger. yea, you could weld one up, just takes a little bit of smarts, and creativity. fixed my deer feeder with duct tape today:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
pic of my mount

i cut down a old full size ford brush guard/winch mount

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts