S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
NVRDUN Always broke
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title says. Did a bit of searching but all looks like 4wd stuff and people who know their winches. I wanna have it just incase I get stuck... or possibly to be able to pull another s10 out if need be. Recovery hooks and gear will accompany this winch as well, obviously haha. Just thought, if i was to pull another s10 out, I will prolly slide being only 2wd, so if i attached recovery hooks to the back and wrapped straps around a tree or something to hold my position would I be able to pull something out? I know nothing about winch quality or brands, just how they work... so i thought id ask. Thanks guys...

·
Electrical Mod
56,116 Posts
Using a winch won't be any different than 4x4 or 2wd if you are the recovery vehicle doing the winching. Weight and tires will be the deciding factor if you slide or not, if you have the brakes on. Now of course, some guys drive in reverse when winching, but for you, I don't think you'll ever expect to be in that situation. Just look at winches on 4x4's, it'll be no different for you. And a strap to a tree is always a good idea when winching someone else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.