S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Opposes body roll
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some research here and it seems that there is a difference between 4-cyl and V6 ZQ8 packages with respect to the front coil springs. I bought an entire ZQ8 take-off kit from another board member and it was from his V6 SS. Will installing these V6 front coil springs on my 4-cyl actually lower it the 1.5" that it was on an actual factory ZQ8? When comparing the springs visually off the truck, my 4-cyl LS springs were about as long as the V6 ZQ8 springs. My guess is that the V6 springs probably have a higher rate and a bit mor length than my standard 4-cyl units so it may not lower the full amount. Hopefully it will lower it some though. Has anyone performed this exact same swap and noticed the difference?

Thanks,
Jon.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
I put 4 cyl zq8s on my v6, and it lowered it like 3.5 inches. They are definitely a different spring. I doubt v6 zq8s will lower your truck much at all.

·
Opposes body roll
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, thats disconcerting. Well, on the bright side, they will be a better potential spring for a V8 swap. Perhaps i will install them anyway even if they will not lower it much. Hopefully it will not raise the ride. :eek: At the very least, thier stiffer rate will reduce body roll some more in conjunction with the larger sway bar.

·
Registered
920 Posts
i have V6 ZQ8 springs on my 2.2, ill say .5 to 1 in drop, hard to say, but it did lower

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
we did it on my bros a while back, and i couldnt tell much of a drop at all....so, i dont think its worth the labor...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts