S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
www.myspace.com/MINTSICK
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have a reg cab and want to take my subs out and make a big box to fit 2 12's and put it in the bed all the way up against the front of the bed closest to the cab, i'm not going to cut through the bed or cab or anything, but do you think this would sound alright/work/etc....? I need to have some of my leg room back and this sounds like the most legit way to upgrade and keep my subs?

·
Still 2 High
1,515 Posts
could you tell us why you don't want to cut your cab or bed? thats the only way i'd have a system in a reg. cab IMO...

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
that would be a wast of time to even bother putting the subs in the bed, you wouldnt even hear them. if your not willing to cut the hole in the cab, or move the seat up, then just be satifisied with the setup you have now.

·
www.myspace.com/MINTSICK
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its always worth a try i guess, my bro has some 12's so i'll just put them in there and see how it goes, why i'm not willing to cut is because i dont have the experience with that, i dont feel like cutting my truck apart, i dont want to pay for that and i've heard bad things about it because the bed and the cab move serperatly and cause problems

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Don't waste your time puttin subs in the bed with no cut through. It's worthless and you won't hear them. What you will do is make it loud outside, piss people off, and help put a bad name on car audio enthusiest.

Back in the day I had a Chevy K1500 with a topper and I had some home stereo boxes back there run off an amp. I used them only for playing music at parties (worked awesome). I could have them going full blast for 150 people outside partying, get in the cab (windows up) and hear nothing but rattling and crappy noise. Vehicles are designed to isolate you from sounds outside, so putting your bumps outside is not the way to go.

Picture a car with a sub box strapped to the trunk. This is exactly what you would be doing, it's that retarded.

Do a search on blow-throughs. Many, many people have done them. True the bed/cab moves seperatly, but that's why you use accordian boot to attach the two. You'd have no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts