S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
One Bad Dude
872 Posts
I'd get the walbro for the f-bodies. Pretty simple install.

If you have a buddy hepling you, i think it is a lot easier to take the bed off. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but really it is only like 6 bolts and then a few little odds and ends.

With the help of a buddy, I've swapped fuel pumps in about 45 minutes. But that was with absolutley no Goofing off. We were trying to get out to the street races so that put a little fire under our ass.

·
Registered
618 Posts
badnoma said:
I'd get the walbro for the f-bodies. Pretty simple install.

If you have a buddy hepling you, i think it is a lot easier to take the bed off. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but really it is only like 6 bolts and then a few little odds and ends.

With the help of a buddy, I've swapped fuel pumps in about 45 minutes. But that was with absolutley no Goofing off. We were trying to get out to the street races so that put a little fire under our ass.
Which year Fbody do you need to get these pumps for? I need to pick one up for my 98 in the near future. Do they need to be modified at all?

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
I got one for a 99 camaro and so far it has sucked ass... lol
in 96+ S10s the fuel PUMP isnt meant to be separated from the sending unit assembly... the walbro 255 is just the pump and its not an exact match so it takes some modding intricate work to get it going... BUT its a nice performing pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts