S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
S10's R Gay
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My motor is a built 91 305. I just bought a t5 out of a 84 camaro. It says that the flywheel is for a 86-92, I was just wondering if it will work?? Any help would be great.

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
most likely it will. The 305s and 350s are internally balanced. as long as the flywheel is for an internally balanced engine it will work. You will just need to have the correct starter to mesh with the flywheel correctly. Since the flywheel looks like its made for your spacific application your current starter should work.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
89droped5/6 said:
My motor is a built 91 305. I just bought a t5 out of a 84 camaro. It says that the flywheel is for a 86-92, I was just wondering if it will work?? Any help would be great.
You do realize that the shifter on a camaro trans is 6" too far back and the camaro bell is going to tilt the tranny away from the hole even more. The flywheel should work, if it's for a one piece rear main seal motor. If the flywheel came from the 84 and it has never been changed, it will not fit

·
S10's R Gay
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i know the shifter will be back farther than it is now..what do you mean it will tilt it away from the hole? what hole, the stock shifter hole?

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
F-body bellhousings tilt the tranny to the side. Stand the bellhousing up on the floor and have the top point of the bell pointing straight up, now look at the bolt pattern for the tranny, it's not level. I think the tilt is 15 degree.

·
S10's R Gay
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
S10's R Gay
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My buddy also told me that i should take the flywheel off the other motor that the tranny came off and see if it bolts up fine to my motor, and if it does i should have no problem with the new flywheel.

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
I would call summit to verify that part. just below where it says external balance in the specs it says it is neutral balance, wich would be for an internal balanced engine.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
The 84 flywheel will not fit, it's from a two piece rear main seal motor
As long as you have a one piece rear main seal, the summit flywheel should fit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts